Basanets A. V.1, Yermakova O. V.1, Makarenkova A. A.2, Makarenkov A. P.2
ACOUSTIC METHOD FOR MONITORING THE STATE OF THE BRONCHOPULMONARY SYSTEM IN PATIENTS WITH OCCUPATIONAL DISEASES
1SI «Institute for Occupational Health of NAMS of Ukraine», Kiev
Full article (PDF), RUS
2Institute of Hydromechanics of NAS of Ukraine, Kiev
Background. The primary task in examination of patients with occupational diseases is objectivization of the diagnosis, allow¬ing a physician to choose optimal schemes for treatment.
The purpose of the study was approbation of the method of acoustic computer monitoring of the state of the bronchopulmo- naty system before and after drug treatment, using a computer phonospirographic equipment in patients with pneumoconio¬sis (PC) and chronic obstructive lung diseases (COLD).
Materials and methods. The studies were performed in the clinic for occupational patients of State Institution «Institute for Occupational Health of NAMS of Ukraine», using a computer multichannel phonospirograph complex «КоRА-03M1», developed and designed in the Institute of Hydromechanics of NAS of Ukraine.
Results. The computer processing, polychromatic imaging and the subsequent analysis of more than 80 sound images of patients allowed to objectify the state of their respiratory system before and after treatment. The objectification of the data, based on monitoring of spectral, temporal and correlation functions of the respiratory sounds, revealed qualitative and quan¬titative changes in the treatment process. The research results indicate the effectiveness of the acoustic monitoring method, which complete traditional clinical methods in monitoring the state of patients with occupational bronchopulmonary dis¬eases in the treatment process .
Key words: chronic obstructive lung diseases (COLD), breathing sounds, monitoring, computer auscultation, phonospirograph complex
- Pasterkamp, H., Garson, C., Daien, D., Oh Y. 1989. Digital respirosonography. New images of lung sounds,Chest. Vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 1405 1412.
- Nankevich, I. N. 2012, Clinical and bioradical monitoring of the chronic respiratory lung disease (COLD) in the stationary. Dissert., Cand. Med. Sci., specialty 14.01.04 - Inner diseases, Smolensk, Russian Federation (in Russian).
- Basanets, A. V., Makarenkova A. A. 2007, «Peculiarities of auscultative picture in patients with pneumoconiosis exposed to coal dust, using a respirosonographic method», Ukrainian J Occup Health, no. 2, pp. 62 66 (in Ukrainian).
- Basanets, A. V., Yermakova, O. V., Makarenkov, A. P, Makarenkova, A. A. 2010, «Acoustic objectivization of sounds in patients with COLD», Ukrainian J Occup Health, no. 3, pp. 47-55 (in Ukrainian).
- Vovk, I. V., Dakhnov, S. L., Kryzhanovsky, V. V., Oliinyk, V. N. 1999, «Changes of acoustic characteristics of respiration noises in patients with pneumoconiosis in the process of recovery», Akustychny vestnik, Vol. 2., no. 4, pp. 3-12 (in Russian).
- Basanets, A. V. 2003, «On the classification of pneumoconiosis: a new edition 2000 of the International Labour Organization», Ukrainian pulmonology J., no. 4, pp. 61 64 ( in Russian).
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD)/ Global strategy for the diagnosis, management and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Updated 2013.Availiable from http://www.golodcopd.com/
- Certificate on the state registration of «Computer phonospirographic complex KoRA 03 M1» (№ 5528/2006 ) ( in Ukrainian).
- Electronic portative stethoscope Handheld STG T Mobile Kit: Available from http://stethographics.com/ main/store.html.
- Sovijarvi, K. Kallio, E. Paajanen, P. Malmberg, P. Helisto, P. Lipponen 1996, «A new versatile PC based lung sound analyzer with automatic crackle analysis (HelSa)», Abstr. of the 21 st Int. Conf. of lung sounds. International Lung Sounds Association. Chester, p. 22.
- Makarenkova, A. A., 2008, Acoustic characteristics of respiration sounds, methods of their recording and processing: thesis, Cand. med. sci., physics and mathematics sciences, specialty 01.04.06 - Acoustics, Institute of Hydromechanics of NAS of Ukraine, Kiev, 20 p. (in Russian).
- Devices and systems for measuring vibration, noise and knocks (ed. Klyuyev V. V. 1978, Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye,447 p. - Instrumentation technology (in Russian).
- Bendat, D., Pirsol, A. 1989, Applied analysis of randomized data. Moscow : Mir, 540 p. (in Russian).
- Basanets, A. V., Zhurakhivska, N. V., Grinchen- ko, V. T., Makarenko, A. P., Makarenkova, A. A. 2010, Useful model patent for «Method of acoustic diagnostics of pneumoconiosis», № 52355 of. 25.08.2010, Bul. № 16 (in Russian).
- Basanets, A. V., Yermakova, O. V., Grinchenko, O. V., Makarenkov, A. P, Makarenkova, A. A. 2010, Useful model patent «Method for acoustic diagnostics of chronic obstructive lung diseases» №52247 of 25.08.2010, Bul. № 16 (in Russian).
- Petrovsky, V. S. 1966, Hydrodynamic problems of turbulent noise. Leningrand : Sudostroyeniye, 252 p. - (Hydrodynamic acoustics) (in Russian).
- Vovk, I. V., Semenov, V. Y. 2005, «Automatic detection and recognition of dry rales, based on the analysis of their autocorrelation function», Akustychny visnyk, Vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 17-23 (in Russian).
- Grighton, D. G. and J. E. Fflowcs Williums. 1969. «Sound generation by turbulent two-phase flow», J. of Fluid Mechanics., Vol. 36, p. 3.