AGE-RELATED SPECIFICITY OF THE FUNCTIONAL STATE OF CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM IN 12-HOUR SHIFT OPERATORS
SI «Institute for Occupational Health of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
Full article (PDF), RUS
The aim of the study was to identify a specifically profile-based correlation between age and the presence of deviations in the functional parameters of the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, changes of ST-segment, ventricular arrhythmia, reducing the general heart rate variability and the vagotonia level, increasing sympathicotonia, myocardial ischemia in 12 -hour shift, which is important for medical and psycho-physiological support of operators’ activities.
Methods. An ambulatory ECG monitoring in 46 operators of 12-hour shift in a the work environment has been made. Results. It was shown that changes of ST-segment negatively correlated with the age of an operator from 7:00 to 8:00, 10:00 to 15:00, 16:00 to 17:00, 18:00 to 20:00. The presence of tachycardia negatively correlated with the age from 7:00 to 8:00. Total HRV (SDNN) negatively correlated with the age from 12:00 to 13:00, 14:00 to 15:00, 16:00 to 17:00, 18:00 to 20:00. The activity of the vagus (RMSSD) negatively correlated with the age from 11:00 to 12:00, 13:00 to 16:00, 18:00 to 19:00. The presence of autonomic balance shift towards sympathicotonia (LF/HF) is positively correlated with the age, from 5:00 to 6:00. The presence of ventricular extrasystoles positively correlated with the age at trends (0,05Conclusions. The study showed some age specific deviations in the functional state of the cardiovascular system in operators. Thus, changes of ST-segment and tachycardia corresponded to young age (before 40 years), and the decrease of the general HRV and vagal activity, the shift towards sympathicotonia were inherent for older people (over 40 years).
Key words: operator, shift work, age, cardiovascular system
- Chemyuk, V. I., Nazarenko, V. I., Apykhtin, K. A., Chuy, T S., Kudievsky, Y. V. 2012, «Physiological and hygienic assessment of physical factors and tensions in the workplace in air traffic controllers, engineers and technical staff to ensure the management of civilian air traffic in Ukraine», Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 1, pp. 26-33 (in Russian).
- Apykhtin, K. A. 2008, «Peculiarities of heart rate variability in personnel air-traffic control service», Int. J. of Psychophysiology, Vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 10-1016/140 (Posters session 2).
- Apykhtin, K. A. 2007, «Peculiarities of heart rate variability in personnel air-traffic control service and its relationship to the intensity of labor», Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 4, pp. 47-51 (in Ukrainian).
- Apykhtin, K. A. 2011, «Peculiarities of functional working state in operators of air traffic control service»,Bulletin of Kharkiv National University of V.N. Karazin, no. 938, pp. 16-21 (in Ukrainian).
- Bogach, P. G., Reshodko, L. V., Kalnish, V. V. 1977, Programming and working on a computer «Promin» and «Mir». Kiev: Visha Shkola (in Russian).
- Plohinsky, N. A. 1970, Biometry. (2. ed.). Moscow: Moscow University Publishing House (in Russian).
- Pisaruk, A. V. 1996, «Amplitude-frequency characteristics of baroreflex regulation of heart rate during aging», Problems of Aging and Longevity, no. 1-2, pp. 41-44 (in Russian).
- Korkushko, O. V., Pisaruk, A. V., Lishnevskaya, V. Y. 2002, «Circadian rhythms of changes in the functional state of the cardiovascular system and the autonomic regulation of the aging», J. Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 180-190 (in Russian).
- Buzunov, V. A. 1991, Industrial factors and age- dependent working capacity. Kiev: Zdorovya (in Russian).