Capon V.O., Alyokhina T.N.
ASSESSMENT OF HYGIENIC WORK CONDITIONS IN SMELTING DOPED STEELS WITH MANGANESE IN OPEN-HEARTH PLANTS
Institute of Industrial Medicine, Kryvyj Rig
Full article (PDF), UKR
The main work processes and hygienic work conditions have been studied when smelting doped steels using manganese in Marten shops of the metallurgical plant. It is found that the technological process of steel smelting doped by manganese in the Marten shop is featured by intensive dust discharge and pollution of the working zone air manganese oxides. Exceed of TLV for dust and manganese oxides is recorded in all periods of the technological process, resulting from a great number of non-organized discharges. The most unfavorable conditions are for smelters and their assistants and for crane operators.
Key words: hygienic conditions, open-hearth plants, smelting of steels, manganese
- Babkin VO, Boev V.M. Petrov B.A . Nemtsova N.V. Comparative characteristic of the main stages of steel production // Gig. i san.- 1997.- №3, - P. 19-22.
- Babkin V.O.., Petrov B.A. Gigiyenicheskaya kharakteristika usloviy truda pri pervichnoy metallurgicheskoy pererabotke prirodnolegirovannykh rud//Gig. i san.- 1998.- №6, 29-32.
- Karnaukh MG, Gapon V.O., Voloshin I.D., Udris S.V. (1996), “ Ecological and Hygiene Problems of Krivbas”, Okhorona pratsi, No 9,13-16.
- Karnauk M.G., Gapon V.O. (2000),” Current state and hygienic problems of metallurgical production”, Ukr. Med. almanakh (Lugansk) , 3 (4), 82-83.
- Metodicheskiye rekomendatsii po izmereniyu kontsentratsiy aerozoley preimushchestvenno fibrogennogo deystviya[ Methodical recommendations for the measurement of aerosol concentrations of predominantly fibrogenic action], M, 1988, №4436-87, 26 p.
- Metodicheskiye ukazaniya po opredeleniyu vrednykh veshchestv v vozdukhe [ Guidelines on determination of harmful substances in the air], M.,1984,80-85.