DERMAL ABSORPTION OF PESTICIDES FROM AQUEOUS SOLUTIONS OF FORMULATIONS
Institute for Occupational Health of AMS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
The models for calculation of coefficients of permeability of chemical substances through the skin as a function of their physi¬co-chemical properties have been analyzed. The coefficients of permeability of a group of pesticides which jointly with the results of hygienic assessment of working conditions give a possibility to determine dermal absorption doses have been calcu¬lated. The conducted researches showed a way of practical application of regression equations on determination of coeffi¬cients of permeability in risk assessment of dermal exposure of workers to pesticides.
Key words: models, coefficients of permeability through the skin, pesticides, occupational risk assessment
- Hihiyenichna klasyfikatsiya pestytsydiv za stupenem nebezpechnosti.-DSanPiN 8.8.1.002-98. K., 1998.-S. 4-8.
- Kirsenko V.V. (2005), “Hygienic evaluation of working conditions in pesticides application: possibilities of alternative approach”, Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, 1, 22-28.
- Achermann С., Flynn G.L., Smith W.M. Ether- water partitioning and permeability through hairless mouse skin in vitro. II. Hydrocortisone 21-n-alkyl esters, alkanols and hydrophilic compounds//Int. J. Pharm.- 1987.-V.36.-P. 67-71.
- Cronin M.T.D., Dearden J.C., Moss G.P., Murray- Dickson G. Investigation of the mechanism of flux across human skin in vitro by quantitative structure- permeability relationships//Eur. J. Pharm. Sci.- 1999.-V.7,- P. 325-330.
- Flynn G.L. Physicochemical determinants of skin absorption//Principles of Route-to-Route extrapolation for Risk assessment//Ed. by F.R.Gerrity, C.J.Henry.-New York: Elsevier, 1990.- P. 93-127.
- Jim E. Reviere. Predicting skin permeability from complex chemical mixtures//Toxicol. Applied Pharm.- 2005.-V.208.-P. 99-110.
- Moody R.P., Macpherson H. Determination of dermal absorption QSAR/QSPRs by brute force regression: multiparameter model development with Molsuite 2000// J. Toxicol. Environ. Health.- 2003.- V.66, Part A.-P. 1927-1942.
- Nielsen J., Nielsen F., Sorensen J. In vitro Percutaneous Penetration of Five Pesticides - Effects of Molecular Weight and Solubility Characteristics//Ann. Occup. Hyg.- 2004.- V.48. No 8.- P. 697-705.
- Potts R.O., Guy R.H. Predicting Skin Permeability//Pharm. Res.- 1992,-P.663-669.
- Yamashita F., Hashida M. Mechanistic and empirical modeling of skin permeation of drugs//Adv. Drug Delivery Rev.- 2003.- V.55.- P. 1185-1199.