Ostapenko T. A., Basanets A. V.
DIAGNOSIS OF CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE PROFESSIONAL GENESIS WITH THE DATA UPDATED VERSION GOLD 2016
State Institution "Institute for Occupational Health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine", Kiev
Full article (PDF), UKR
Іntroduction. A significant part in the structure of professional pathology of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which is caused by exposure to hazardous factors of production environment. Due to the high prevalence among the population, a reduction in life expectancy of patients, the economic losses associated with the loss of working capacity of the population, the disease is a major health and social problem. A priority system in the prevention of COPD among the working-age population is its timely diagnosis.
Purpose of the study. Analyze and summarize current scientific data, including an updated version of the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (Global Initiative for Obstructive Lung Disease – GOLD) 2016 concerning the guidelines for the diagnosis of COPD.
Materials and Methods: Analytical overview of current published materials and GOLD updated version - the main international initiatives for the control of COPD.
Results. The priority for the conservation of the working population health is the timely diagnosis of COPD, based on the detection of airway obstruction constant, the basic criterion of which is the post-bronchodilator value of the ratio FEV1/FVC < 0,70. Patients with COPD require constant monitoring of the severity of symptoms of the disease, the risk of future exacerbations, spirometric severity of violations and to identify comorbidities for the timely appointment of preventive and therapeutic measures in order to prevent the development of complications.
Conclusions. In the edition of 2016 marked the first time the possibility of GOLD COPD professional origin, namely, from the effects of toxic and irritating substances (bio-fuel combustion products, gases, fumes, dust, biological, etc.). In modern scientific publications emphasized that the diagnosis of COPD should be based not only on the study of airway management, but also on the analysis of the clinical manifestations of the disease, evaluating the frequency and severity of exacerbations, prognosis of adverse events in the future, quality of life.
Key words: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the Global Initiative for Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD)
- Sullivan, S., Ramsey, S., Lee, T. 2000, "The economic burden of COPD", Chest, no. 117 (2), pp. 5S-9S. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.117.2_suppl.5S
- Global strategy for the diagnosis, management and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (GOLD): Updated 2016. 80 p. Access: http: // www. goldcopd. оrg.
- Kohansal, R., Martinez-Camlor, P., Agusti,A. 2009, "The natural history of chronic airflow obstruction revisited an analysis of the Framingham off spring cohort", Access: www. goldcopd. оrg., Am. J. Respir. Crit Care Med., no. 180, pp. 3–10. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200901-0047OC
- Raad, D., Gaddam, S., Schunemann, H. G. et al. 2011, "Effects of water-pipe smoking on lung function: a systematic review and meta-analysis", Chest, no. 139, pp. 764–74. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.10-0991
- Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 555 of 27.06.2013, Access: http: // www.moz.gov.ua.
- Sakai, H., Gaddam, S., Schunemann, H. J. et al. 2011, "Different effects of smoke from heavy and light cigarettes on the induction of bronchial smooth muscle hyper responsiveness in rats", J. Smooth Muscl. Res., no. 47 (1), pp. 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1540/jsmr.47.1
- Trupin, L., Earnest, G., San Pedro, M. et al. 2003, "The occupational burden of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease", Eur. Respir. J., no. 22 (3), pp. 462– 469. https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.03.00094203
- Bauer, Х. 2007, Chronic obstructive bronchitis and emphysema in hard coal miners, The Global Occupational Health Network, no. 12, pp. 7–9.
- Buist, A. S. 1996, "Risk factors for COPD", Eur. Respir. Rev., v. 39, no. 6, pp. 253–258.
- Buist, A. S., Vollmer, W. M., McBurie, M. A. 2008, "Worldwide burden of COPD in high- and low-income countries. Part I. The burden of obstructive lung disease (BOLD) initiative", Int. J. Tuberc. Lung Dis., v. 7, no. 12, pp. 703–708.
- Blanc, P. D. 2009, "Further exploration of the links between occupational exposure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease", J. Occup. Environ. Med., v. 51, no. 7, pp. 804–810. https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0b013e3181a7dd4e
- Hutter, H., Beyer, M., Bargon, J. 2007, "Charcoal smoke causes bronchial anthracosis and COPD", Med. Klin. (Munich), no. 102 (1), pp. 59–63. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00063-007-1010-y
- Guzmán-Grenfell, A., Nieto-Velázquez, N., TorresRamos, Y. et al. 2011, "Increased platelet and erythrocyte arginase activity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease associated with tobacco or wood smoke exposure", J. Investing Med., no. 59 (3), pp. 587–592. https://doi.org/10.2310/JIM.0b013e31820bf475
- Zammit, C., Liddicoat, H., Moonsie, I. et al. 2010, "Obesity and respiratory disease", Int. J. Gen. Med., no. 3, pp. 335–343. https://doi.org/10.2147/IJGM.S11926
- Hirayama, F., Lee, A. H., Oura, H. et al. 2010, "Dietary intake of six minerals in relation to the risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease", Asia Pac. J. Clin. Nutr., no. 19 (4), pp. 572–577.
- Matheson, M. C. 2005, "Biological dust exposure in the workplace is a risk factor for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease", Thorax, v. 60, pp. 645–651. https://doi.org/10.1136/thx.2004.035170
- Mwaiselage, J., Bråtveit, M., Moem, B. E. et al. 2005, "Respiratory symptoms and chronic obstructive disease among cement factory workers", Work Environ. Health, no. 31 (4), pp. 316–323. https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.888
- Danilov, А. V. 2014, Comparison of morbidity of COLD among workers of an agricultural enterprise, industrial enterprise of the city Ryazan and the rural population, Nauka molodykh, no. 2, pp. 82–87 (in Russian).
- Simon, P. M., Schwartzstein, R. M.,Weiss, J. W. et al. 1990, "Distinguishable types of dyspnea in patients with shortness of breath", Am. Rev. Respir. Dis., no. 142, pp. 1009–1114. https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm/142.5.1009
- Kessler, R.,Partridge, M. R., Miravitlles, M., et al. 2011, "Symptom variability in patients with severe COPD: a pan-European cross-ectional study", Eur. Respir. J., no. 37, pp. 264–272. https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00051110
- Espinosa de los Monteros, M. J., Pena, Soto Hurtado, E. J., et al. 2012, "Variability of respiratory symptoms in severe COPD", Arch. Bronconeumol., no. 48, pp. 3–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arbr.2011.07.006
- Thurlbeck, W. M., Simon, G. 1978, "Radiographic appearance of the chest in emphysema", Amer. J. Roentgenol., no. 130, pp. 429–440. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.130.3.429
- Gibson, G. J., MacNee, W. 2006, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease investigations and assessment of severity. Management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Eds: N. M. Siafakas), The European Respiratory Society Monograph, v.11 (38), pp. 24–41. https://doi.org/10.1183/1025448x.00038003
- Mair, G., Maclay, J., Miller, J. J. et al. 2010, "Airway dimensions in COPD: relationships with clinical variables", Respir. Med., no. 104 (11), pp. 1683–1690. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rmed.2010.04.021
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management and prevention of COPD (2007 update): Available from: http://www goldcopd com/.
- Celli, B. R., MacNee, W. 2004, "Standards for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with COPD: a summary of the ATS/ERS position paper" Eur., Respir. J., no. 23 (6), pp. 932–946. https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.04.00014304
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in adults in primary and secondary care. (CG12), 2004.
- "COPD Guidelines Group of the Standards of Care Committee of the BTS. BTS guidelines for the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease", Thorax, 1997, no. 52 (5), pp. 1–28. https://doi.org/10.1136/thx.52.suppl_5.1
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management and prevention of COPD (2001 updated): Available from: http://www goldcopd com/.
- "British Thoracic Society, Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. 2003, British Guideline on the management of asthma", Thorax, no. 58 (1), pp. 1–94.
- Bestall, J. C., Paul, E. A., Garrod, R. 1999, "Usefulness of the Medical Research Council (MRC) dyspnoea scale as a measure of disability in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease", Thorax, no. 54, pp. 581–586. https://doi.org/10.1136/thx.54.7.581
- COPD Assessment Test, 2016, Access: http: // WWW. catestonline.org.
- Holguin, F., Folch, E., Redd, C. S., Mannino, D. M. 2005, "Comorbidity and mortality in COPD-related hospitalizations in the United States, 1979 to 2001", Chest, no. 128, pp. 2005– 2011. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.128.4.2005
- Schols, A. M., Soeters, P. B., Dingemans, A. M., et al. 1993, "Prevalence and characteristics of nutritional depletion in patients with stable COPD eligible for pulmonary rehabilitation", Am. Rev. Respir. Dis., no. 147, pp. 1151–1156. https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm/147.5.1151
- Schols, A. M., Slangen, J., Volovics, L., Wouters, E. F. 1998, "Weight loss is a reversible factor in the prognosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease", Am. J. Respir. Crit. CareMed., no. 157, pp. 1791–1797. https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm.157.6.9705017
- Ferguson, G. T., Calverley, P. M., Anderson, J. A., et al. 2009, "Prevalence and progression of osteoporosis in patients with COPD. Results from the towards a revolution in COPD health study", Chest, no. 136 (6), pp.1456–1465. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.08-3016