Chernyuk V. I.1, Abrahamovych O. O.2, Mazur V. V.2, Peleshko O. S.2
EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND PHARMACOPROPHYLAXIS OF VIBRATION DISEASE AND HANDS VEGETO-SENSORY POLYNEUROPATHY AMONG MINERS OF COLLIERS IN LVIV-VOLUN REGION
1SI «Institute for Occupational Health of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
2Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Lviv
Background. Incidence of vibration disease makes each year from 10 to 15% in general structure of occupational diseases. In spite of rather extensive study of vibration disease in the past, there are still a lot of disputable issues in its diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
Purpose of the study. To improve methods of early diagnosis and complex pharmacoprophylaxis of vibration disease and hands vegeto-sensory polyneuropathy among miners of collieries in Lviv-Volun region.
Materials and methods. There have been examined 118 patients with vibration disease and hands vegeto- sensory polyneu¬ropathy. The control group consisted of 40 healthy miners. The study included clinical examinations, instrumental methods and mathematical processing of the obtained data.
Results of the study. Advantage of electroneuromiography and variability of heart rate methods for early diagnostics and objec- tivization of diagnosis of vibration disease and hands vegeto -sensory polyneuropathy at miners in comparison with tradi¬tional methods were established. Lipoic acid drugs are recommended for pharmacological prevention and treatment of vibra¬tion disease and hands vegeto -sensory polyneuropathy (Dialipon — 600 mg/day, 1 pill for 60 days) in complex with tradi¬tional drugs.
Key words: vibration disease, hands vegeto-sensory polyneuropathy, electroneuromyography, lipoic acid, miners
- Kundiiev, Y. I., Nahoma, A. M. 2006, Occupational health in Ukraine: Epidemiological analysis. Kiev: Avicenna, 316 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Muchin, V. V., Strelnikov, M. A., Charkovenko, N. M., Sedova, N. T 2010, Occupational diseases among working in coal industry. Donetsk: Zdorovia pratsiui- uchykh, pp. 236-244 (in Russian).
- Vyshchypan, V. P. 2000, Working conditions affected on the development of vegeto-sensory polyneuropathy among miners of Krivbas. Hyhyena trudov, no. 31, pp. 28-31.
- Horenkov, R. V., Liubchenko, P. N. 2002, "Ultrasound B-mode examination of main arteries of the upper extremities in patients with vibration disease", Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, no. 3, pp. 24-27 (in Russian).
- Rusanova, D. V., Lakhman, O. L. 2007, "Electroneuromyography in diagnosis of vibration disease and occupational polyneuropathy", Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, no. 6, pp. 31-36 (in Russian).
- Zhulev, S. N, Boiko, Y. V., Skorodumova, T. S. 2007, "Possibilities of modern electrophysiology diagnostics of polyneuropathy by vibration disease", Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, no. 11, pp. 39-42 (in Russian).
- Suvorov, Y. M., Ahafonova, T. A. 2004, "Variability of heart rate among patients with vibration disease caused by exposure to local vibration", Meditsina truda i pro- myshlennaya ekologiya, no. 12, pp. 14-16 (in Russian).
- Nalcha, Y. Y., Mylovydova, A. E., Miakotyna, H. V. 2006, "Dynamics of heart rate variability among patients with vibration disease under the influence of hyperbaric oxygenation", Ukrainskyi medychnyi almanakh, Vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 103-106 (in Russian).
- Kostiuk, Y. F., Kapustnyk, V. A., Balahova, L. P. 2005, "Vascular disorders by vibration disease: evolution of ideas. Methods of medicamental correction", Ekspe- rymentalna i klinichna medytsyna, no. 3, pp. 83-85 (in Russian).
- Vorobev, K. P., Nalcha, Y Y 2004, "Baroreflex reactivity during hyperbaric oksngenation as a criterion of predicting the effectiveness of vibration disease treatment", Ukrainskyi zhurnal ekstremalnoi medytsyny imeni H. O. Mozhaeva, Vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 42-56 (in Russian).
- Al'-Zamil', M. Kh., Brezheva, E. V. 2008, "Implication of alpha-lipoic acid preparations in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy", Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S. S. Korsakova, no. 108 (2), pp. 27-30.
- Saxton, J. M. 2000, "UKA review of current literature on physiological tests and soft tissue biomarkers applicable to work-related upper limb disorders", Occupational medicine (Oxford, England), no. 50 (2), pp. 121-130.
- Tovazhnianska, O. L., Poliakova, L. A. 2010, "Effectiveness of alpha-lipoic acid in vegeto-sensory polyneuropathy treatment by vibration disease", Medytsyna sohodni i zavtra, no. 2-3 (47-48), pp. 155160 (in Ukrainian).