Chernuyk V. I.1, Abragamovych O. O.2, Mazur V. V.2, Semeryak O. M.1
ELECTRONEUROMYORGAPHY AS A METHOD OF EARLIER DIAGNOSTICS FOR VIBRATION DISEASE AND VEGETO-SENSORY ARMS POLYNEUROPATHY IN MINERS OF COAL MINES IN LVIV REGION
1State Institution "Institute for Occupational Health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine", Kyiv
2National University named after D. Galytsky, Lviv
Full article (PDF), UKR
Introduction. Vibration disease is a wide spread occupational disease in coal branch of mining industry of Ukraine; it takes the third place in the structure of the revealed occupational morbidity. The improvement of methods for earlier diagnostics of vibration disease (VD) is an actual problem, by solving of which it is possible to prevent development of severe types of this disease and invalidization of the suffered.
Purpose of the study – scientific grounding of proposals on improvement of methods for earlier diagnostics of VD, basing on advanced studies of lesions in the peripheral nervous system in miners, exposed to occupational vibration.
Materils and methods. The studied group included 118 miners with professions "a miner of the mining face" and "a sinker", having vibration disease of different degree of manifestations of clinical symptoms. A control group made 40 practically healthy miners of the same professions. The both groups have been examined, using a method of electroneuromyography (ENMG). Results. There have been found significant disorders in the sensory and motor constituent of ENMG in segments "elbow– wrist" in patients with the disease, pointing to deep lesions in peripheral nerves. The degree of expressiveness in changes corresponded to the degree of severity of the disease. ENMGcriteria have been proposed, making it possible to reveal preclinical types of vibration disease and vegetosensory arms polyneuropathy in coal miners.
Conclusion. The criteria have been proposed for earlier diagnostics of the harmful effect of vibration, which show the degree of retardation in conducting nervous impulses by n. radioabis and n. ulnaris of their amplitude (over 30 %) as well as the decrease in their amplitude (over 20 %).
Key words: miners, neuromyography, vibration disease, earlier diagnostics, electroneuromyography
- Кundiyev, Yu. І. , Nahorna, A. M. 2006, Occupational health in Ukraine. Epidemiological analysis. Кyiv : Аvicenna, 316 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Mukhin, V. V., Strelnikova, M. A., Kharkovenjko, N. M., Sedova, N. T. 2010, Occupational diseases in workers, engaged in coal mining, Health of workers (Ed. Mukhin). Donetsk : Publishing House Dmytrenko, pp. 236–244 (in Russian).
- Vyschypan, V. P. 2000, Work conditions, affecting the development of vegetative-sensory polyneuropathy in miners of Kryvbas, Gigiyena truda: Collection of sci. works, № 31, pp. 28–31 (in Ukrainian).
- Gorenkov, R. V., Lyubchenko, R.V. 2002, "Ultrasound investigation in В-mode of main arteries of upper extremities in patients with vibration disease", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 3, pp. 24–27 (in Russian).
- Nalcha, I. I. 2002, "State of vegetative provision for the activity of patients-miners with vibration disease", Ukr. med. almanakh, v. 5, no. 4, pp. 84–97 (in Russian).
- Rukavishnikov, V. S., Lakhman, O. L., Kartapoltseva, N. V., Rusanova, D. V. 2008, "Determination of the functional state of the nervous system in patients with vibration disease and occupational neurosensory deafness by electroneuromyography indices", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 1, pp. С. 1–5 (in Russian).
- Shpagina, L. N., Zakharenkov, V. V. 2010, "Comparative analysis of clinical manifestations of vibration disease with different degree of expressiveness", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 8, pp. 36–40 (in Russian).
- Yanshina, Е. N., Lyubchenko, P. N., Yanshin, N. P. et al. 2009, "Multiple local lesions in peripheral nerves of workers with arms diseases of occupational genesis", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 2, pp. 24–28 (in Russian).
- Shayakhmetov, А. R. 2002, "Somatic dysfunctions in the pathogenesis of vibration diseases and their treatment", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 5, pp. 41–45 (in Russian).
- Yanshina, E. N., Lyubchenko, N. P., Yanshin, N. P. et al. 2004, "A syndrome of the excessive neuro-muscular excitement in vibration disease", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 7, pp. 18–21 (in Russian).
- Rusanova, D. V., Lakhman, O. L. 2007, "Electroneuromyography in diagnostics of vibration disease and occupational polyneuropathy", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 6, pp. 31–36 (in Russian).
- Кiryakov, А. V., Cherepanina, G. V., Sukhova, A. V. 2009, "Multiple local lesions of peripheral nerves in patients with arms diseases of occupational genesis", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 2, pp. 28–31 (in Russian).
- Zhulev, S. N., Boiko, I. V., Skorodumova, T. S. et al. 2007, "Possibilities of modern electrophysiological diagnostics of the polyneuropathy syndrome in vibration disease", Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, no. 11, pp. 39–42 (in Russian).