Chernyuk V. I., Semeryak O. M.
FUNCTIONAL STATE OF THE PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM IN MINERS WITH VIBRATION DISEASE FROM THE GENERAL VIBRATION (BY THE DATA OF ELECTRONEUROMYOGRAPHY)
State Institution "Institute for Occupational Health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine", Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
Introduction. Morbidity of vibration diseases (VDs) is an extensive phenomenon among coal miners. Till present time lesions of peripheral nerves under VD have been studied insufficiently, with the use of modern instrumental methods, in particular.
Such studies are actual for improvement of early diagnostics of VDs.
Purpose of the study is to improve methods of early diagnostics of VD on the basis on an advanced investigation of the functional state of the peripheral nervous system in patients with VD.
Materials and methods. Combined studies on work conditions of operators of modern coal-extraction machines and drivers of electric mine machines have been conducted as well as clinical and instrumental studies of miners with VD, using electroneuromyography (ENMG).
Results. Work conditions of the studied professions are characterized by a combined effect of intensive general vibration and noise. There have been found deep lesions in peripheral nerves of upper and low extremities in patients with VD. Methods of earlier diagnostics have been proposed.
Conclusion. There have been obtained new data on the improvement of methods of earlier diagnostics on VD in miners.
Key words: operators of coal-extraction machines, drivers of electric mine machines, vibration, noise, vibration diseases, electroneuromyorgaphy, diagnostics
- Кiryakov, V. А., Cherepanina, G. V., Sukhova, A.V . 2009, "Earlier detection and a combined correction of neurological manifestations of vibration disease in miners", Meditsina truda i prom. toksikologia, no. 2, pp. 28–31 (in Russian).
- Kundiev, Yu. I., Nagorna, A. M, Dobrovolsky, L. O. 2009, "Comparative characteristics of the state of occupational morbidity in Ukraine and in the world", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 2, pp. 3–11 (in Ukrainian).
- Mukhin, V. V., Perederiy, G. S., Basanets, A. V., Kharkovenko, N. M. . 2006, "Social and hygienic analysis of occupational morbidity forming mechanisms in coal miners, prophylactic measures", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 2, pp. 63–73 (in Ukrainian).
- Nahorna, A. M., Dobrovolsky, L. O., Gruzova, L. M., et al. 2011, "Medico-social and economic losses because of occupational morbidity and ways of their prevention", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 4, pp. 62–69 (in Ukrainian).
- Rusanova, D. V., Lakhman, O. L. 2007, "Electromyography in diagnostics of vibration disease and occupational polyneuropathy", Med. truda i prom. ekologia, no. 6, pp. 31–36 (in Russian).
- Chernyuk, V. I., Abragamovych, O. O., Mazuk, V. V. 2011, "Occupational morbidity of locomotor apparatus and peripheral nervous system in coal miners in Lviv district: results of the analysis and the structure over 2005–2009", Odesa Med. J., no. 6, pp. 66–69 (in Ukrainian).
- Yanyshina, E. N., Lubchenko, P. N., Yanyshin, N. P. et al. 2009, "Multiple local lesions of peripheral nervous in workers with diseases of hands of occupational genesis", Med. truda i prom. ekologia, no. 2, pp. 24–28 (in Russian).