Raikhman J. G.
FUNDAMENTALS OF METHODOLOGY FOR CANCER CAUSES STUDIES
Center for Cancer Prevention, Ashdod, Israel
Full article (PDF), ENG
Lack of consistency of cancer epidemiology methods with human life conditions often lead to wrong conclusions concerning cancer causes and to ineffective cancer preventing measures. In the article, the new methodological approach in suggested to study cancer causes based on author's concept of the carcinogenic situation as a continuously developing multilevel system. The methodology for the system research of the carcinogenic situation created a new possibility for detecting existing specifics in cancer morbidity under multifactor combination of environmental conditions and human life style. A study of the carcinogenic situation is conducted on the basis of static and dynamic models. Dynamic models are the basis for cancer morbidity forecast. The new methodology for the system research and carcinogenic situation management brings in new perspectives in cancer prevention problem solution measures.
Keywords: cancer epidemiology, carcinogenic situation, methodology for system research
- MacMahon, B., Pugh, T F, Ipsen, J. 1965, Application of the epidemiological methods in studies of non infectious diseases. [In Russian, translated from English]. Moscow: Meditsina, 318 p.
- Chaklin, A. V. 1970, Methods on studying the epidemiology of malignant tumors. Moscow (in Russian).
- Higginson, C. S. Muir, and N. Munoz. 1992, Human Cancer: Epidemiology and Environmental Causes, by J. Cambridge Monographs on Cancer Research. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press, 577 p. https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511663505
- Raikhman, Y. G. 2006. «System of the concept of a carcinogenic situation, research and management methodology», Thought, Israel, no. 2, pp. 21-26.
- Kundiyev, Yu. I., Nagorna, A. M., Varyvonchyk, D. V. 2008, Occupational Cancer. Epidemiology and Prevention, Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 336 p.
- Shabad, L. M. 1967, Pre-cancer in experimental and morphological aspects, Moscow (in Russian).
- Axel, E. M., Dvoirin, V. V. 1990, «Dynamics of morbidity of malignant neoplasms of the Soviet population, 1985-1989 years», Malignant neoplasms in the USSR, 1985-1989 years, Moscow, pp. 65-94 (in Russian).
- Belyakov, V. D. 1995, Selected lectures on general epidemiology of infectious and non-infectious diseases, Moscow, 176 p. (in Russian).
- Raikhman, Y. G. 1985, Methodology of the system research on a carcinogenic situation, Publishing House of Rostov University, Rostov-on-Don. 150 pp. (in Russian).
- Raikhman, Y G. 1989. Development of a carcinogenic situation in conditions of scientific and technological revolution, Publishing House of Rostov University, Rostov-an-Don, 176 pp.
- Raikhman, Y G., Beretar, S. H. 1997, National traditions and cancer, Maikop, Russia, 302 p. (in Russian).
- Raikhman, Y G. 1999, Management of a carcinogenic situation and prevention of cancer (a system approach). Elista, Russia (in Russian).
- Raikhman, Y G. 2009, Theoretical bases of cancer prevention, Ashdod, Israel (in Russian).