HEREDITY AS ONE OF FACTORS OF RISK OF COAL WORKERS PNEUMOCONIOSIS DEVELOPMENT. A CLINICOGENEALOGICAL STUDY
Institute for Occupational Health of AMS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
The coal workers pneumoconiosis (CWP) is a multifactorial disease with the polygenic type of inheritance. The results of clinicogenealogical examination of CWP patients’ families and healthy miners’ families aimed to determination of the role of genetic factors in CWP development are presented in the article.112 miners with CWP and 138 healthy miners (control group), with the minimum 13 years of underground work experience, were examined using a clinicogenealogical method.In 65 % miners with CWP cases of family bronchopulmonary pathology from the coal dust were recorded. In 7 % miners of the control group there were relatives with the bronchopulmonary pathology. The family aggregation coefficient (FA) was calculated using the results of the clinicogenealogical examination. FA = 9,3. The results of the study prove a considerable role of genetic factors in CWP development as well as the possibility to use clinicogenealogical analysis as one of prognostication methods of the risk of the CWP development.
Key words: coal, miners, pneumoconiosis, clinicogenealogical study, heredity
- Falconer D.S. The inheritance of liability to certain diseases, estimated from the incidence among relatives //Ann. Hum. Genet.- 1965.-V. 29.- P. 51-76. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-1809.1965.tb00500.x
- Puzyrev V.P., Stepanov B.A. Patologicheskaya anatomiya genoma cheloveka,- Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1997,224 s.
- Anderson G.G., Cookson W.O.C.M. Recent advan¬ces in the genetics of allergy and asthma // Mol. Med. Today.- 1999.-V. 5.-P. 264-273. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1357-4310(99)01479-3
- Putintseva G.I., ReshetnyakT.A. Medichna genetika.- K.: Zdorov'ya, 2002.- 342 S.
- Baraniv V.S., Aseev M.V., Baranova V.E. «Heny skhylnosti» i henetychnyy pasport // Pryroda.- 1999,- No 3.-S. 13-17.
- Cherry N., Chen Y., Holt D.L., McDonald J.C., Meyer J.D. SWORD'99: surveillance of work-related and occu¬pational respiratory diseases in the UK // Occupational medicine.- 2001.- Vol. 51, No 3.- P. 204-208. https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/51.3.204
- Gorovenko N.G., Basanets A.V., Zhurakhovskaya H.B. (2005), "Genetic studies in occupational pathology", Zhurnal AMN Ukrainy, 11 ( ), 346-360.
- Thompson and Thompson Genetics in Medicine. USA.: W.B. Saunders Company, Sixth Edition, 2003,- P. 289-292.
- Bochkov N.P. Klinicheskaya genetika: Uchebnoye posobiye.- M.: Geotar-med, 2002.-S. 201-202.
- Babich P.N., Lapach S.N., Chubenko A. V. Primeneniye sovremennykh statisticheskikh metodov v praktike klinicheskikh issledovaniy. Soobshcheniye vtoroye. Primeneniye kriteriya khi-kvadrat // Ukrains'kiy medichniy chasopis.-2003.-No 2.-S. 138-144.