Moskalenko V., Pelyo I., Omelchuk S., Bardov V., Sasinovich L.
HYGIENIC ASSESSMENT OF WORK CONDITIONS IN APPLICATION OF TANK PESTICIDE MIXTURES IN OLERICULTURE
Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
Purpose of work. Hygienic assessment of work conditions in application of 15 tank pesticide mixtures in olericulture.
Methods of research. Natural experiment on hygienic assessment of work conditions was carried out in various climatic and geographic regions of Ukraine with rod, fan and knapsack sprayers in agro-industrial complexes (AIC) and private farms (PF); chemical-analytical methods were used for determination of pesticides in the air and washings from the skin and applicators attached to working clothes, gloves; mathematical methods.
Results. It was found that the use of tank pesticide mixtures was not accompanied by air pollution of the working zone air higher than the established hygienic standards. Washings from the skin, from the middle and lower layers of the applicator, extrapolated onto the skin) did not contain active substances. The integrated risk (when comings through inhalation and the skin) for workers did not exceed the allowable one.
Conclusions. The results make it possible to conclude that in the use of tank pesticide mixtures in AIC and PF by different methods with the highest possible application rates correspond to hygienic requirements produced to work with pesticides. The results of hygienic study of limiting components of 15 tank mixtures in comparison with other components confirm the validity of the choice.
Key words: olericulture, tank pesticide mixtures, air of the working zone, work conditions, occupational hazard
- Moskalenko, V. F., Pelyo, I. M., Omelchuk, S. T, Bardov, V. G. & Sasinovich, L. M. 2013, «Scientific substantiation ofmethodic approaches to implementation of sanitary supervision in the application of pesticide mixtures in olericulture», Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 2, pp. 33-37 (in Ukrainian).
- Methodological guidance on hygienic assessment of new pesticides. 1988, Methodical instructions № 426387, [App. 13.03.87], Ministry of Health of the USSR, Off. issue, Kiev, 210 p. (in Russian).
- Kundiyev, Y. I., Kirsenko, V. V., Yastrub, T. O. et al. 2003, «Hygienic assessment of work conditions in application of pesticides with modern technologies, Gigiyena truda, Vol. 1, no. 34, p. 97 (in Ukrainian).
- Study, assessment and risk reduction in inhalation and percutaneous effect of pesticides on persons, which work with or may be exposed during or after the chemical control ofplants and other subjects. 2009, Methodological recommendations: 188.8.131.52-162-2009, [App. 13.05.2009], Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Offic. issue, Kyiv, 28 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Methodological recommendations on studying and hygienic assessment of work conditions in pesticide application. 1995, Methodical recommendations № 01-19/140-17, Moscow, 11 p. (in Russian).
- State sanitary rules «Transport, storage and use of pesticides in the national economy» No 184.108.40.206198.1998, [electronic variant], Regulation and directive documents of Ministry of Health of Ukraine, www. mozdocs.kiev.ua/view.php.phdid = 4151 (in Ukrainian).
- Standard 12.1.005-88, 1998, «General sanitary and hygienic requirements to the air of the working zone», Moscow, 75 p. (in Russian).
- Assessment of skin exposure to harmful chemicals and substantiation of maximum allowable levels for skin contamination, 1980, Methodical instructions № 210279, [App. 01.11.1979], Ministry of Health of the USSR, Offic. issue, Moscow, 23 p. (in Russian).
- Kirsenko, V. V., Yastrub, T. A., Karpenko, V. N. et al. 2002 «Risk assessment of unfavourable effect of pesticides on workers when applied in conditions of «zero» values of exposure levels», Environment and Health, no. 2 (21), pp. 58-61 (in Ukrainian).