INSTITUTE FOR OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH OF AMS OF UKRAINE IN 1998-2008 - PRESENT-DAY CHALLENGES
The paper presents the data on the development of scientific studies of the Institute for Occupational Health of AMS of Ukraine
Full article (PDF), UKR
In particular, the results of studies are given on the problem of occupational cancer in Ukraine, search for biomarkers of genetic predis¬position and resistance to pneumoconiosis, new regularities of heavy metal cumulation, etc. The state of training of the scientific per¬sonnel in the Institute over the last 15 years has been analyzed. The critical assessment of the activity of the Clinic of Occupational Diseases and its material and technical base is laid down. The main conclusion is made that the Institute, owing to the obtained expe¬rience, high creative potential, large international contacts has managed to adapt to new social and economic conditions.
Key words: biomarkers, occupational cancer, cumulation of heavy metals, training of the personnel, material and technical base
- The strategy of providing safe work conditions and preservation of workers’ health in Ukraine for 2006-2010 (2005), Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, 3-4, 4-11.
- Demetskaya A.V., Kucheruk T.K., Movchan V.A. (2006), “Nanoparticles: possible contribution to the development of occupational pathology”, Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health,1, 62-67.
- Nazarenko V.I., Gvozdenko L.A., Martirosova V.G. Kachura Yu.A. (2000), “Features of exposure to electromagnetic fields in modern sewing production”, Gigiyena truda, Issue 31, 169-179.
- Sybirnyy A. Biopalyvnyy etanol z lihnotselyulozy (roslynnoyi masy): dosyahnennya, problemy, perspektyvy // Visnyk NAN Ukrayiny,- 2006.- No 3.- S. 32-48.
- Kashuba N.A. Osobennosti vliyaniya vozrasta i stazha na formirovaniye zabolevayemosti sredi rabochikh elektrosvarochnogo proizvodstva // Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health.- 2005,- № 2.- S. 12-19.
- Basanets A.V., Ostapenko T.A. (2007), Determination of diffuse ability of the alveolar-capillary membrane as a biomarker of early signs of functional disorders in patients with pneumoconiosis due to the effect of the coal dust”, Ukrainsky pulmonologicheskyi zhurnal, 1, 41-44.
- Gorovenko NG, Zhurakhivskaya NV, Basanets AV, Podolskaya SV. (2007), “ Association between GSTTI,GSTM1,CC16,TNF-a, Pi genetic polymorphism and coal workers pneumoconiosis”, Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, 11 (3), 35-41.
- Trakhtenberg I.M., Kolesnikov V.S., Lukovenko V.P. (1994), Tyazhelyye metally vo vneshney srede: sovremennyye gigiyenicheskiye i toksikologicheskiye aspekty [Heavy metals in the external environment: modern hygienic and toxicological aspects], Navuka i tehnika, Minsk, Belarus.
- Trakhtenberg I.M., Sova R.Ye., Sheftel V.O., Onikiyenko F.A. (1991), Problema normy v toksikologii (sovremennyye predstavleniya i metodicheskiye podkhody, osnovnyye parametry i konstanty) [The problem of the norm in toxicology (modern concepts and methodological approaches, basic parameters and constants) (Ed.I.M.Trakhtenberg), Meditsina, Moscow, Russia.
- Worgul B., Kundiev Yu.I.,Sergienko N.M., Vitte P.M., Kyrychenko O.P. (2007),”Cataracts among Chernobyl clean-up workers: implications regarding Permissible eye exposures”, Radiation Research, 167, 233-243.
- Chumak V.,Worgul B., Kundiev Yu., Vitte P., etc. (2007), “Dosimetry for a study of Low-Dose Radiation. Cataracts among Chernobyl clean-up workers”, Radiation Research, 167, 606-614.
- Kundiev Yu.I., Nagorna A.M., Varyvonchyk D.V. (2007), “Exposure estimation by carcinogenic agents of working population of Ukraine and incidence of "occupational cancer", Zhurnal AMN Ukrainy 4, 717-733.
- Kundiyev Yu.I., Nahorna A.M. (2006), Profesiyne zdorovya v Ukrayini. Epidemiolohichnyy analiz [Occupational health in Ukraine. An epidemiological analysis, Avitcenna, Kyiv, Ukraine.