Karlova O. A.1, Sheiman B. S.2
INVESTIGATION OF ENDOGENOUS INTOXICATION IN PATIENTS EXPOSED TO LEAD
1O. O. Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
2National Children's Hospital «Okhmatdyt''of Ministry of Health of Ukraine», Kyiv
Introduction. Among numerous diagnostic methods, using to determine an endogenous intoxication, the calculated indices became the most commonly used in clinical practice, such as leukocytic (LI), hematological (HI) and nuclear (NI).
The aim of research. To study the informativeness of calculation methods for verifying the endogenous intoxication in patients exposed to lead, depending on the content of lead in blood.
Materials and methods. The investigations of endotoxemia, using calculation indices of intoxication (nuclear, hematological and leukocytic) were conducted in 146 wiremen, exposed to lead in concentration exceeding TLV by 1,4—1,8 times (main group) and in 57 workers of the control group. At the same time levels of toxin-induced autoimmune reactions (TIAR), toxin- induced cytological responses (TICR) of blood plasma and concentrations of lead in their blood (Pb-K) have been analyzed. In order to assess anti-toxic adapt systems in all workers index of reaction (IR ) of a systemic response, index of sensitization (IS), index value of neutrophils and lymphocytes (ISNL) and index of relation of lymphocytes and eosinophils (IRLE) were defined.
Results. Studies have shown that the increase of the Pb-K in workers exposed to lead are accompanied by a statistically sig-nificant increase of the calculated indices of endogenous intoxication as well as indices, determining the increase in activity of toxin-induced autoimmune reactions and toxin-induced cytolytic responses (TICR) in blood plasma.
Conclusions.The manifestations of endogenous intoxication in workers, exposed to lead, are characterized by changes in the calculated indices: LII, HII, NII and TIAR and TICR. In this, development of endogenous intoxication in workers is deter¬mined by the formation of significant correlations between the concentration of coproporphyrin in urine and TIAR albumin and TICR freely-circulating toxins.
Key words: lead, leukocyte index of intoxication, specific features of endotoxemia development
- Grin, V. K., Fistal, E. Y., Speransky, I. I, 2006, «Integral and other hematologic leukocyte counts as a criterion for assessing the severity of burn disease, its complications and treatment efficacy», Proceedings of the scientific-practical. Conference «Sepsis: the problem of diagnosis, therapy and prevention», pp. 77-78 (in Ukrainian).
- Grin, V. K., Speransky, I. I., Kolesnikova, L. I., and others. 2004, «Indicators of hemograms as a criterion of evaluation of the severity of burn disease, its complications and treatment efficacy», «The materials of the second Russian scientific-practical conference «Intensive medical care: problems and solutions», pp. 28-29 (in Russian).
- Husak, V. K., Fistal, E. Y., Speransky, I. I., et. al. 2000, «Evaluation of the severity of endogenous intoxications and a choice of detoxification therapy in burn patients according to differential white cell blood count and biochemical monitoring», Clin. labs. diagnostics, no. 10. p. 36 (in Ukrainian).
- Kalf-Calif ,Y. Y. 1941, «On the leukocyte index of intoxication and its practical significance », Vrachebnoye delo, no. 1, pp. 31-35 (in Russian) .
- Lukyanchuk, V. D., Mishchenko, K. M. 2002, «New ways of pharmacocorrection of the endotoxemia, developing in traumatic shock», Proceedings of the IX Congress WFUMA, pp. 430-431(in Ukrainian).
- Menshikov, V. V., 2001, «Drug therapy and results of laboratory tests», Lecture, Clin. lab. diagnostics, no.1, pp. 21-36 (in Russian).
- Mustafina, J. G. , Kramarenko, Y. S., Kobtseva, V. Y. 1999 , «Integral haematological parameters in evaluation of immunological reactivity in patients with ophthal- mopathology», Clin. lab. diagnostics, no. 5, pp. 47-48 (in Russian).
- Nazarenko, G. I., Polubentseva, E. I., Dolgov, V. V., Kishkun, A. A. 2004, «Modern technology for raising the efficiency in the use of the laboratory», Clin. labs. diagnostics, no. 1, pp. 52-55 (in Russian).
- Ostrovsky V K., Mashchenko, A. V, Yangolenko, D. V., Makarov, S. V. 2006, «Blood counts and leukocyte index in intoxications for the assessment of the severity and determination of inflammatory, suppurative, purulent- destructive diseases», Clin. lab. diagnostics, no. 6, pp. 50-53 (in Russian).
- Speransky, V. V., Dmitrieva, I. I., Zaripova, R. M. 1999, «Immunological informativeness of leucocy- togramt», Clin. labs. diagnostics, no. 12, pp. 6-7 (in Russian).
- Trakhtenberg, I. M. 2009, «Environmental safety - a global socio-medical problem», Mystetsvo likuvannya, no. 7 (63). pp. 32-37.
- Demchenko, V. F., Andrusishina, I. M., Lampe- ko, O. G. et. al. 2010, Atomic absorption methods for determination of macro-and microelements in biological media in disorders of their metabolism in the body. Methodical recommendations. Kyiv : Avicenna, 59 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Sheiman, B. S., Osadchaya, O. I., Koziniec, K. G. 1999, «Differential and diagnostic signs of determining the scheme of detoxication therapy in patients with different pathologies», Lab. Diagnostics, no. 4, pp. 11-13 (in Ukrainian).
- Trakhtenberg, I. M. 2009, «To the problem of carrying of heavy metals»”, Mystetsvo likuvannya, no. 7 (63). pp. 32-37.