Korshun M. N., Aleksandrova L.G.
METALS AND THEIR OXIDES AS SUBJECTS IN HYGIENIC RATING OF THE WORKING ZONE AIRSI
"Institute for Occupational Health of the NAMS of Ukraine", Kiev
Full article (PDF), RUS
Introduction. The characteristics of metals and their oxygen-containing compounds – oxides – is given. It is underlined that a particular attention to toxic properties of the mentioned compounds has been paid and is continued to be paid now. Purpose of the study. To analyses the experience and to improve methodical approaches to hygienic rating of metals and their oxides for the working zone air.
Materials and methods. Analytical review of foreign and national literature, where a special attention is paid to toxic properties and biological activity of metals and their oxides.
Results and discussion. Physicochemical properties of metals and their oxides have been examined, that is very significant for their hygienic rating for the working zone air.
Conclusion. The data presented makes it possible to draw attention to a principal problem on the use of MACs working zone (wz) for metal oxides to corresponding metals and to give the status MACwz to TSELwz of metal oxides.
Key words: metals and their oxides, biological action, hygienic rating in the working zone air
- General chemistry. 2009, Manual (Ed. Golub O. A.). Kyiv : Vyscha shkola, 471 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Industrial toxicology. 1960. Moscow : Medgiz, 290 p. (in Russian).
- Toxicology of less-common metals. 1963. Moscow : Medgiz, 300 p. (in Russian).
- Izraelson, E. I. 1967, New data on toxicology of lesscommon metals and their compounds. Moscow : Meditsina, 272 p. (in Russian).
- Brakhnova, I. T. 1971, Toxicity of metal powders and their compounds. Kiev : Naukova dumka, 224 p. (in Russian).
- Levina, E. N. 1972. General toxicology of metals. Moscow : Meditsina, 184 p. (in Russian).
- 1977, Harmful substances in industry. Nonorganic and element-organic compounds., V. 3. Meditsina, 608 p. (in Russian).
- Friberg, I., Nordberg, G. F., Vonk, V. B. 1979, Handbook on the toxicology of metals:Elsevier. NorthHolland Biomedical Press Amsterdam, New-York, Oxford, 709 p.
- Portnoi, K. I., Timofeyeva, N. I. 1986, Oxygen compounds of rare earth elements. Manual. Moscow : Metalurgiya, 480 p. (in Russian).
- Brakhnova, I. T. 1998, "Configuration model of a substance and prognostication of toxicity of metal compounds", Poroshkovaya metalurgia, no. 1–2, pp. 136–143 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02677241
- Brakhnova, I. T., Yakovenko, M. V. 2010, Toxicology of refractory compounds. Kiev : Gnosis, 288 p. (in Russian).
- Trakhtenberg, I. M. 1977, "Heavy metals as chemical pollutants of industrial and general environment", Dovkillya ta zdorov’ya, no. 2, pp. 48–51 (in Russian).
- Korshun, M. N. 2006, "Modern tendencies in hygienic rating of harmful substances in the working zone air (literature review)", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health , no. 3 (7), pp. 71-76 (in Russian).
- Korshun, M. N. 2010, "On establishing maximum single and shift-average concentrations of MACs of chemical substances in the working zone air". no. 2 (22), pp. 48–54 (in Russian).
- Maximum allowable concentration (MACs) of harmful substances in the working zone air. 2003, GN (Standard) 2.2.5-1313-03, Russian Ministry of Health. – Moscow, p. 268 (in Russian).
- Tentative safety exposure levels (TSELs) of harmful substances in the working zone air. 2003, GN (Standard) 2.2.5-1314-03. Russian Ministry of Health, pp. 269–333 (in Russian).
- GOST (Standard) 12.1.005-88. 1988, General sanitary-hygienic requirements to the working zone air. Moscow: Izdatelstvo standartov, 75 p. (in Russian).