Glyva V. A.1, Nazarenko V. I.2, Nykyforuk O. I.2, Palychuk S. P.2, Kovalenko V. V.1, Mischenko I. A.3
METHODICAL AND TECHNICAL PROVISION OF EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES ON THE EFFECT OF HYPOGEOMAGNETIC FIELDS ON BIOLOGICAL SUBJECTS
1National Aviation University of MES of Ukraine, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
2SI «Institute for Occupational Health of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
3M. Gorky National Medical University, Donetsk
The purpose of investigations was to determine common requirements to methodical provision of experimental studies on biological effect of geomagnetic field’s changes and to give practical recommendations for their implementation.
Methods. Analyses of literature data and mathematic simulation of geomagnetic field’s parameters for laboratory studies. Results show that reliable experimental studies on biological effects of geomagnetic field’s changes should be carried out using Helmholtz rings in premises with magnetic screening from external electromagnetic fields. The levels and uniformity of elec¬tromagnetic fields inside the rings should be controlled in the experiment with using a small transducer with high sensitivity. The use of the proposed equipment outside of premises with magnetic screening is possible, as well. In this case, the required parameters of the constant magnetic fields are provided compensation of the Earth magnetic field using Helmholtz rings. Conclusion. The required parameters of hypogeomagnetic field (10 times decrease and more) could be provided in laboratory experiments using Helmholtz rings of the required diameter. The experimental equipment should be placed under the corner 67°40' to the horizontal plane, taking in account a magnetic declination at the latitude of Kyiv.
Key words: geomagnetic field, biological effect, experimental studies, methodical and technical provision
- Dumansky, Y. D. 2010, «Hygienic characteristics of electromagnetic radiation from electroenergetic subjects and equipment in conditions of settlements», Gigiyena naselennykh mest, Issue 56, pp. 185-196 (in Ukrainian).
- Bitkin, S. V. 2011, «Methodological approaches to definition and modeling electromagnetic fields in hygienic studies», Issue 57, pp. 220-232 (in Russian).
- Zhang, X. 2007, «Effects of hypomagnetic field in noradrenergic activities in the brainstem of golden hamster», Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 28, pp. 155-158.
- Rozinkina, M. M., Pelevin, D. E., Dumansky, Y. D., Bitkin, S. V. 2009, «Weakening geomagnetic field in multiappartment houses of various designs», Gigiyena naselennykh mest, Issue 54, pp. 209-216 (in Russian).
- Dumansky, Y. L., Zaporozhets, O. I., Glyva, V. A. et al. 2008, «Electromagnetic safety and electromagnetic compatibility of technical means», Vestnik KPI, Issue 16, pp. 143-148 (in Ukrainian).
- Zaporozhets, O. I., Glyva, V. A., Klapchenko, V. I. et al. 2008, «Constructive peculiarities of electroimplanting system and possible ways to increasing electromagnetic safety and electromagnetic compatibility of technical means», Gigiyena naselennykh mest, Issue 51, pp. 231237 (in Ukrainian).
- On the approval of Technical regulation on equipment electromagnetic compatibility. Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 29 July 2009, no. 785 (in Ukrainian).
- Gluva, V. A. 2011. «Criteria of selection of defensive materials for electromagnetic field screening» Problemy okhorony pratsi v Ukraini, Issue 21, pp. 68-76 (in Ukrainian).
- Glyva, V. A., Levchenko, L. O., Panova, O. V. et al. 2011, «Patent of Ukraine No 58694, IPCGO1L9 // 00 Equipment for controlling defensive properties of electromagnetic screens», applied on 15.03.2011, published in Bull. no. 7, 11.04.2011 (in Ukrainian).
- Zaporozhets, O. I., Glyva, V. A., Lukyanchikov, A. V. 2008, «Development of electromagnetic screens with the given defensive properties», no. 3, pp. 139-142 (in Ukrainian).
- Voronin, A. Y., Kulikov., V. Y. 2003, «Regulation of proliferative and colony-formation activity of hematopoietic cells in bone marrow by weakened geomagnetic fields», Vestnik MNIIKA, Novosibirsk, Issue 10, pp. 86-93 (in Russian).
- Voronin, A. Y., Kulikov, V. Y., 2004, «Colony- formation in spleens of experimental animals, exposed to geomagnetic field of very low intensity», no. 1, p. 7376 (in Russian).
- Shkurupia, V. A., 2005, Biotropic properties of the weakened geomagnetic field (Ed.), Novosibirsk:OOO Red- Izd.Tsentr, 140 p. (in Russian).
- Pokhodzei, L. V. 2004, «Hypogeomagnetic conditions as an unfavorable factor of the work environment; dissertation for Dr.med. sci., specialty «Occupational heath», Sci. Institute of Occupational Health of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences», 198 p.