Lukianenko A. O.
METHODS OF DETERMINATION OF THE DEGREE OF CYTOTOXICITY OF INDUSTRIAL DUSTS "IN VITRO"
Paton Electric Welding Institute of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev
Full article (PDF), RUS
Background. Along with the search for effective methods of dusting and biological methods of preventing dust lung diseases problems of forecasting the harmful effects of industrial aerosols on the body remains rather actual, as well as the development of less labor-intensive and costly express methods for screening assessment of the toxicity of welding fumes.
The aim of the study. To ground the necessity of developing a method of express assessment of the toxicity of welding fumes. Materials and methods. There have been conducted a review of scientific publications, using world and national sources, the databases of the PubMed, National medical library and Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine.
Results. The methods of determining the toxicity of industrial aerosols have been considered. The necessity to develop an express method for assessment of the toxicity of welding fumes has been grounded. A new express method of determining the toxicity, using affordable, cheap and standard biological materials makes it possible to investigate the unsterile extracts and receive results for a period not exceeding 3 hours.
Conclusions. A new method of assessing the toxicity can broaden the possibilities to prognosticate cytotoxic properties of welding fumes, which are composed of highly toxic components of a wide spectrum.
Key words: in vitro methods, working zone air, cytotoxicity, industrial dust, welding fumes
- Sabbioni, E., et al. 2014, "Cytotoxicity and morphological transforming potential of cobalt nanoparticles, microparticles and ionsinBalb/3T3 mouse fibroblasts: an in vitro model", Nanotoxicology, v. 8, no. 4, pp. 455–64. https://doi.org/10.3109/17435390.2013.796538
- Hartung, T., et al. 2003, "ECVAM's response to the changing political environment for alternatives: consequences of the European Union chemicals and cosmetics policies", Altern LabAnim, v. 31, no. 5, pp. 473–81. https://doi.org/10.1177/026119290303100504
- Patent, Authors: Sharapova N. Е., Katsnelson B. А. A method of determination of cytotoxicity of insoluble dusts (RU 2019832) (in Russian).
- Patent, Authors: Petrov B. A., Petrov S. B. (RU), A method of determination of insoluble industrial dusts (RU 2480751) (in Russian).
- Каzankin, D. S., Shironosov, O. V., Shironosov, D. G. 2007, A universal complex "IkarTest" for contactless recording the dynamics of physical, chemical and biochemical processes in water solutions, Collection of papers, Taganrog, pp. 464–465 (in Russian).
- Shironosov, V. G. 1997, Physical grounds of resonance water activation, Materials of the 1st Int. Symposium on electroactivation, Moscow, 4–5 November 1997, pp. 220–221 (in Russian).
- Shironosov, V. G. 2001, Resonance in physics, chemistry and biology. Monograph, Izhevsk : Udmurskiy University, 92 p. (in Russian).
- Velichkovskiy, B. Т., Korkina, L. G., Suslova, T. B. 1983, "Determination of dust cytotoxicity by chemiluminescence method", Gig. truda, no. 5. pp. 31–34 (in Russian).
- Velichkovskiy, B. Т., Petrov, B. A., Voznesenskiy, N. K. 2003, Industrial aerosols in the metallurgy of nonferrous metals. Kirov, 132 p. (in Russian).
- Sharapova, N. Е. 1994, "A method of comparative assessment of cytotoxicity of insoluble dusts by the decrease of the activity of 5'nucleotidase in macrophague cultures", Med. truda i prom. ekologia, no. 8, pp. 16–20 (in Russian).
- Szentei, E. 1967, Die Hamolysedurch Quarzstaubundihre Hemmung, In Buch "Ergebnissev on Untersuchungen auf dem Gebietder Staub – und Silikosebe kampfungim Steinkohlenbergbau", Detmold, Verlag Hermann Bosmann GmbH, S.149–156 (in German).
- Voloboyeva, A. A., Gorban, L. N. 1992, Determination of the degree of cytotoxicity and potential mutagenic activity of welding dusts. Method. recommendations, Kiev, 12 p. (in Russian).
- Kundiiev, Yu. I., Коrda, V. V., Каshuba, О. V., Demetska, O. V. 2015, Toxicology of aerosols: Monograph. Ternopil : Ukrmedkniga, 256 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Fedoseyeva, Т. А. 2007, Hygienic substantiation of the prognosticated ability of an alternative method in assessment of the danger from detergents and cleansers: Thesis, dissert., cand. med. sci.: 14.00.07 – Hygiene, Мytischi (in Russian).
- Тimofeyev, G. 2007, "Safety and efficiency in the way from a cosmetic means to a supplier", SORF_Journal (Russian version), no. 5, pp. 34–40 (in Russian).
- Каrkischenko, N. N. 2010, "From a model on animals to alternative models in toxicology", Tокsikol. vetstnik, no. 3, pp. 18–21 (in Russian).
- Yalovenko, E. I., Rayetskaya, E. V., Golichenkov, A. V. et al. 2014, "Assessment of toxicity of surfactants on the culture of mobile cells", Envir.&Health, no. 2.
- Leonenko, N. S., Leonenko, О. B., Demetska, О. V. et al. 2015, "Investigations on the cytotoxicity of nanoparticles of cadmium sulfide and lead sulfide, stabilized by organic compounds", Suchasni problemy toksikologii, no. 3, pp. 56–60 (in Ukrainian).