ISSN 2223-6775 Ukrainian journal of occupational health Vol.15, No 3, 2019
MONITORING PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONS OF OPERATORS IN THE PROCESS OF THEIR WORK ACTIVITY
SI “Kundiiev Institute of Occupational Health of the NAMS of Ukraine”, Kiev
Full article (PDF), RUS
Introduction. To the problems of monitoring of psycho-physiological functions of operators is paid much less attention than to the issues of occupational selection. Strategically, occupational selection cannot fundamentally provide for a qualitative prognostication of the level of occupational longevity and the availability of high work efficiency over a long period of time. Therefore, periodic psychophysiological examination of a specialist with the establishment of trends of changes in his/her professional abilities and the formation of their medium-express prognostication seem rather relevant.
The purpose of this study is to identify peculiarities of changes in the psycho-physiological characteristics of an operator, working in conditions with increased danger, in the process of their monitoring.
Methods and scope of research. At a number of thermal power plants, equal to their power and equipment, 180 drivers of power units (men of different age and state of health) have been surveyed. A combination of psycho-physiological characteristics, blood pressure, heart rate, as well as their well-being, activity and mood were tested.
Results. Theoretical analysis and consideration of empirical data made it possible to substantiate the availability of several stages of a regular change in the level of professional suitability of workers in the process of their long-term activities, in particular, formation of "hidden" professional unsuitability in workers with a long-term experience.
The established phenomena provide a clear substantiation for a need to monitor psycho-physiological characteristics of specialists in order to increase their professional longevity, preserve health, reducing rates of traumatism, and to maintain work efficiency.
Conclusion. It is established that in the course of occupational activity, the levels of development of an operator’s professionally important qualities are changing under the influence of two oppositely directed psychophysiological mechanisms: due to age-related changes, gradually worsening their manifestations, and due to occupational training, improving or stabilizing their level. The transformations of the functions of the body that occur naturally in an employee require monitoring of psycho-physiological characteristics for the timely application of adequate organizational measures. It is shown that in the process of transformation of psycho-physiological qualities in the experiences workers, they have prerequisites for development of the "hidden" occupational unsuitability, characterized by a high level of professionally important qualities and appearance of negative deviations in a number of characteristics of the body's functional reserves. The availability of such a specific type of deviations in the state of the experiences w
orkers requires particular attention when forming a conclusion on the results of monitoring their psycho-physiological characteristics. Conventionally, three stages in formation of professionally important qualities were identified, and their approximate age limits were determined: the stage of “working on or primary adaptation to work” - 20-29 years; the stage of "stable work efficiency" - 30-39 years; the stage of "formation of “hidden” unsuitability to occupational activity" - 40 years or more.
Key words: occupational suitability, monitoring of psycho-physiological professionally important qualities, “hidden” unsuitability for professional activity.
- Alyushin, MV, Kolobashkina, LV, Rozhanskaya, Yu.N. (2018), “Measurement of static and dynamic human bioparameters in remote monitoring systems of the current psycho-emotional and functional state”, Proceedings of the Third International Scientific and Practical Conference Chelovecheskyi factor v slozhnykh tekhnicheskikh sistemakh s credakh [The human factor in complex technical systems and environments], St. Petersburg, Russia, 484-491. https://doi.org/10.1109/ERGO.2018.8443886
- Bogomolov A.V., Zinkin V.N., Alyokhin M.D., Sviridyuk G.A., Keller A.V. (2018), “Information-logic modeling of data collection and processing when evaluating the functional reliability of the operator of aviation energetic control systems”, Papers of the Third International Scientific and Practical Conference Chelovecheskyi factor v slozhnykh tekhnicheskikh sistemakh s credakh [The human factor in complex technical systems and environments], St. Petersburg, Russia, 315-323. https://doi.org/10.1109/ERGO.2018.8443849
- Vinogradov M.I. (1966), Fiziologiya trudovykh protsessov [Physiology of work processes], Meditsina, Moscow, Russia.
- Vorob'yev V.P., Konovalova N.L. (2003), Ko-terapevticheskaya komp'yuternaya sistema “KELLI-98” [Co-therapeutic computer system "KELLI-98"], methodical guide, SPb.
- Gart V.A., Nguyen O.I., Pototsky E.P. (2018), “A systematic approach to analyzing the structure of occupational fitness”, Vestnik Cherepovetskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 3, 16-23.
- Doskin V.A., Lavrentyeva V.A., Strognaya O.M. (1975), “Psychological test "SAN" applied to studies in the field of physiology of occupational health”, Gigiyena truda i profzabolevaniya, 5, 28-32.
- Zhdanko I.M., Vorona A.A., Zapechnikova I.V. (2017), Professionally important qualities as a means of enhancing the professional activity of flight personnel”, Voyennaya mysl, 9, 87–93.
- Zarakovsky G.M. (1974), Vvedeniye v ergonomiku [Introduction to ergonomics], Sovetskoye radio, Moscow, Russia.
- Makarenko M.V. (2006), “Osnovy profesiynoho vidboru viyskovykh spetsialistiv ta metodyky vyvchennya indyvidualnykh psykhofiziolohichnykh vidminnostey mizh lyudmy” [Fundamentals of occupational selection of military specialists and methods of studying individual psychophysiological differences between people], Bohomolets Institute of Physiology, Tsentr gumanitarnykh problem ZS Ukrainy, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Malyukova T.A., Lotsmanova E.Yu., Boyko A.V. (2009), “Professionally important qualities of personnel allowed to work with the PBA of I – II groups”, Problemy osobo opasnykh infektsyi, 100. 17-21. https://doi.org/10.21055/0370-1069-2009-2(100)-17-21
- Navakatikyan A.O., Kryzhanovskaya V.V., Kalnish V.V. (1987), Fiziologiya i gigiyena umstvennogo truda [Physiology of mental health], Zdorov’ya, Kiev, Ukraine.
- Osipova O.V. (1972), “On some peculiarities of fatigue in bus drivers”, in Dvigatelnaya aktivnost cheloveka i gipokineziya [Human motor activity and hypokinesia], Novosibirsk, 165-175.
- Ponomarenko V.A., Vorona A.A., Lapa V.V. (2017), “Strategic directions for solving the human factor problem in military aviation”, Voyennaya misl, 4, 35–41.
- Safyannikov N.M., Bureneva O.I., Zhirnova O.A. (2018), “The isometric method of continuous monitoring of human neurophysiological states for occupational diagnostics and selection”, works of the Third International Scientific and Practical Conference "Chelovecheskiy faktor v slozhnykh tekhnicheskikh sistemakh i sredakh” [The human factor in complex technical systems and environments], St. Petersburg, Russia, 375-382.
- Sivitsky V. G., Ulyaev L. G. (2015), Types of organization of the psychological training of athletes: psychologists’ work experience”, Vestnik Pskovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya “Psikhologo-pedagogicheskiye nauki”, Issue 2, 50-64.
- Smirnov K. M. (1989), “Hidden fatigue”, Gigiyena truda i professional'nyye zabolevaniya, 2, 28–31.
- Smirnov K.M. (1985), “Features of fatigue in modern working conditions”, in Fiziologiya problem utomlenia i vosstanovlenisa [Physiology of problems of fatigue and recovery], Abstracts of the reports of the All-Union Conference dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of G.V. Folbort, Academician of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR , Kiev-Cherkassy, Part II, 152-153.
- Soldatov S.K., Zasyadko K.I., Bogomolov A.V. (2017), “Professionally important qualities in air traffic control operators”, Aviakosmicheskaya i ekologicheskaya meditsina, 51 (1), 30–34.
- Soldatov S.K., Zasyadko K.I., Bogomolov A.V. (2019), “Psychophysiological professionally important qualities of pilots-instructors and possibilities of their development”, Aviakosmicheskaya i ekologicheskaya meditsina, 53 (1), 86-91.
ORCID ID of author:
Kalnish V.V. (ORCID ID 0000-0002-5033-6659)