Kalnish V. V.
MONOTONE ACTIVITY AND THE STATE OF MONOTONIA. INFORMATION 2. MECHANISMS OF MONOTONIA DEVELOPMENT
State Institution "Institute for Occupational Health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine", Kyiv
Full article (PDF), RUS
Introduction. All-round use of modern computer technologies resulted in wide prevalence of different operator’s professions, characterized by uniform behavior reactions in users, which was reflected in a great number of studies. However, in the available kinds of work, the fact that there are available at least two groups of people, inclined and stable to monotony developing, is not always taken into consideration. The integration of these groups in one group, which is very popular in some investigators, makes the obtained results significantly diffused and insignificant and, very often, contradictory. In particular, till present time, there is yet exists now a universal opinion on mechanisms of formation of such state. With this in view a problem of systematization of the proposed mechanisms of formation of the state of monotonia gains a particular actuality for further development of methods for the control and correction of the functional state of a man-operator.
Purpose of this presentation is to make a review of the available data on peculiarities and mechanisms of development of the state of monotonia in individuals, performing a uniform work.
Results. An analysis of modern literature on the problems of detection of mechanisms of monotonia development in conditions of existing uniform activity has been made. It is pointed that the existing hypotheses on mechanisms of development of monotonia are confined by assumptions on overloading or misleading of certain structures of the brain and on availability of periodic changes in their activation from high to low level and vise verse.
Conculsion. The multiplicity of available hypothesis and explanations on monotonia process in doing a uniform work shows that a problem on the origin and development of this state is still in the process on an intensive elaboration. The availability of wide compensation abilities of an individual integrates a pattern of formation of the state of monotonia and prevents formulating a hypothesis on the origin and mechanisms of development of this state. The analysis of the literature data makes it possible to suppose that a quality of stability-inclination to development of the state of monotonia in the uniform work is a fundamental quality in functioning of a human body, which is indirectly proved by the differentiation of work, first in the history of the mankind, in the period of formation of "neolythic revolution".
Key words: uniform activity, state of monotonia, sensory deprivation, motor deprivation, work conditions, mechanisms of monotonia formation
- Anrdianov, B. V. 1978. Agriculture of our ascendants. Мoscow : Nauka, 167 p. (in Russian).
- Аseyev, V. G. 1974, Overcoming of monotonia in industry. Moscow : Ergonomika, 159 p. (in Russian).
- Aslanyan, Е. V., Кiroy, V. N. 2002, "On individual peculiarities of reaction on factors of monotonia", Psikholog. Zhurnal, v. 23, no. 4, pp. 89–96 (in Russian).
- Varshavskaya, L. V. 1996, Bioelectrical human brain activity in the dynamics of continuous, longterm and tensed mental activity, Author’s thesis, dissert. Cand. Biol. Sci. RostovDon : Rostov State University, 24 p. (in Russian).
- Vinogradov, М. I. 1966, Physiology of work processes. Мoscow : Меditsina, 367 p. (in Russian).
- Grinin, L. Е. 2007, "Industrial revolutions and periodization of history", Vestnik Russian Academy of Sci., v. 77, no. 4, pp. 309–322 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1134/S1019331607020062
- Donskaya, L. V. 1972, Certain physiological peculiarities of human work activity in conditions of modern production. Some studies on rationalization of work in conditions of modern production. Мoscow : Nauka, 134 p. (in Russian).
- Yena T. A., Kalnish V. V. 2010, "Professionally important qualities of power system controllers", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 4 (24), pp. 11–20 (in Ukrainian).
- Zolina, Z. М. 1983, Physiology of monotone work. Manual on physiology of work (Eds. Z. M. Zolina, N. F.Izmerov. Мoscow : Меditsina, pp. 280–326 (in Russian).
- Ilyin, Е. P. 1983, "Successfulness of activity, compensative and decompensative relations", Voprosy psikhologii, no. 5, pp. 95–98(in Russian).
- Kalnysh V. V., Krasotin Ye.V., Pyshnov G. Yu. 2014, “To the analysis of peculiarities on providing working capacity in monotone operator's activity”, Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 2 (39), pp. 29–40 (in Russian).
- Каlnish, V. V., Pyshnov, G. Yu., Maltsev, А. V., Кrasotin, Е. V. 2014, Characteristics of the dynamics of reactions in individuals, inclined and stable, to development of the state of monotonia in operator’s activity”, Actual problems of transport medicine, v. 1 (38І), no. 4, pp. 104–114 (in Russian).
- Kiroy, V. N., Aslanyan, E. V. 2005, "General regularities in formation of the state of monotonia", Zhurnal vysshei nervnoy deyatelnosti, v.55, no. 6, pp. 768–776 (in Russian).
- Lednova, М. I. 1994. Psychophysiological and electrophysiological indices in brain activity in the dynamics of mental fatigue in monotone activity. 1994, Author’s thesis, Dissert. Cand, biol. sci. RostovDon : Rostov State University, 23 p. (in Russian).
- Меdvedev, С. V., Pakhomov, С. V., Rudas, М. S. [et al.] 1996, "On the selection of the state of calm wakefulness as a reference one in psychological samples", Fiziologiya cheloveka, v. 22, no.1, pp. 5–10 (in Russian).
- Podolinsky, S. А. 2005, Man’s work and his/her relation to energy distribution. Moscow : Belye Аlvy, 160 p. (in Russian).
- Rozhdestvenskaya, V. I. 1980, Individual differences in work capacity. Мoscow : Pedagogika, 152 p. (in Russian).
- Rusinov, V. S., Grindel, О. М. 1985, "Spacetime organization of EEG and intercentral relations in human brain", Problems of neurophysiology and neuro cybernetics. RostovDon : Publishing House of Rostov University, pp. 35–44 (in Russian).
- Stryukov, G. А., Dolgolenko, T. N., Konopkin, O. A. 1981, "Psychophysiological characteristics of the state of fatigue on the basis on activation indices", Voprosy psikhologii, no. 3, pp. 38–48 (in Russian).
- Тkhorevsky, V. I., Каlashnikov, Z. S., Gerasyeva, Т. S. [et al.] 1985, "Effect of monotone muscular activity on the functional state of the body", Fiziologiya cheloveka, v. 11, no. 2, pp. 280–285 (in Russian).
- Ukhtomsky, А. А. 2002, Dominanta. StPeterburg : Piter, 448 p. (in Russian).
- Fetiskin, N. P. 1972, Monotonia in sports and work activity, Author’s thesis, Таrtu, 16 p. (in Russian).
- Frishman, Е. Z. 1990, "Dynamics of human sensoryperception activity in monotone and fatigue: a psychophysiological approach", Psikhol. Zhurnal, v. 11, no. 5, pp. 32–41 (in Russian).
- Chirkov, V. I. 1984, "Study of factorial structure of a subjective component in physiological states", Problems of engineering psychology. Leningrad : Nauka, pp. 237– 238 (in Russian).
- Kiroy, V. N., Warsawskya, L. V., Volnov, V. B. 1996, "EEG after prolonged mental activity", Inter. J. Neurosci., v. 85, pp. 31–43. https://doi.org/10.3109/00207459608986349
- Näätänen, R., Simson, M., Loveless, N. E. 1982, "Stimulus deviance and evoked potentials", Biol. Psichol., v. 4, no. 1, pp. 53–98. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-0511(82)90017-5
- Nielsen, F. 2004, "The EcologicalEvolutionary Typology of Human Societies and the Evolution of Social Inequality", Sociological Theory, v. 22 (2), pp. 292–314. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0735-2751.2004.00219.x