Kuzminov B. P., Lototska-Dudyk U. B.
OCCUPATIONAL FACTORS AND THEIR INFLUENCE ON THE HEALTH OF WORKERS IN SHOE PRODUCTIONS
National Medical University by Danilo Galitsky, Lviv
Full article (PDF), UKR
Introduction. Actuality of work is caused by the need to estimate work conditions in shoe industry, taking into account technologies, equipment, materials in modern conditions of production and to reveal cause-effect relationships between factors of the work environment and the state of health of workers.
Purpose of work. To study main occupational factors in the shoe industry and to define their effect on the health of workers. Materials and methods. Аnalyses of conditions and character of work of employees in the shoe industry, their influence on forming the premorbid and pathological states in workers, based on the results of own studies, scientific publications, statistical data. Results. Work activity of shoe workers is characterized by the availability of a combined action of production factors. The monotony of work, the forced posture are combined with the contamination of the working zone air by chemicals of different degree of toxicity and high levels of noise and vibration at selectede stages of the technological process. Diseases of nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular systems, musculoskeletal disorders prevail in the structure of morbidity of shoe workers. Dermatoses, bronchial asthma, gynecological diseases are among occupational diseases. The use of carcinogenic substances in technological processes causes development of nasal cancer, cancer of the urinary bladder and leukemia.
Conclusion. It is necessary to develop normative and methodical base for regulation of work conditions in the shoe industry at the modern stage of production. This will promote to decrease negative effects of production factors on the health of workers, to substantiate actual levels of occupational risk in the shoe industry and to develop measures on strengthening and promoting the workers’ health.
Key words: shoe industry, work conditions, harmful factors, health of workers, work-related pathology
- Kundiiev, Yu. I., Nahorna, A. M. 2006. Occupational health in Ukraine: Epidemiological analysis. Kiev : Avitsena, 316 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Cherniak, L. P., Pirkovich K. M. 2011, "Tendencies of the shoe market in Ukraine". Tovary i rynky, no. 1, pp. 77–78 (in Ukrainian).
- Strizhyk, U. R. 2014, "Analytical provision of cost changes in production of goods of light industry of Ukraine in conditions of globalization", Visnyk natsionalnoho universytetu “Lvivska politekhnika”, no. 797, pp. 41–416 (in Ukrainian).
- Dementyev, A. L., Liapkalo, A. A. 2001, "Peculiarities of work conditions and morbidity of workers at a modern enterprise on shoe production". Gygiyena i sanitaria, no. 1, pp. 44–47 (in Russian).
- Kamilov, R. F., Shakirov, R. D., Sidorcheva, O. V., Abzalov R. R. 2008, "Prevalence of diseases in workers of shoe industry", Gigiyena i sanitaria, no. 3, pp. 21–24.
- Morgachova, V. I., Kondakova, L.G., Dzigal, N. D. [et al.]. 2007, "Work conditions and health of workers in shoe production", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 2 (10), pp. 31–40 (in Russian).
- Torosyan, Yu.V. 2011, Development of technology of shoemanufacture with the use of glue compositions of high ecological characteristics: Thesis, dissert. cand. techn. sci: specialty 05.19.06 "Technology of shoe and fancymaking products", SanktPeterburg, 20 р.
- Bohdanov, O. Y. 2012, Estimation and modeling the state of the working zone air in production shops at shoe factories, Thesis, dissert. cand. techn. sci.: specialty 05.19.05 "Technology of leather, fur, shoeand fancy making products. Moskow, 2012, 21 p. (in Russian).
- Pikalyev, A. V. 2012, Improving methods for calculation of the thermal comfort for workers in workshops of shoe factories, Thesis, dissert. cand. tech. sci.: specialty 05.19.06 "Technology of shoe and fancymaking products". Moskow, 32 p. (in Russian).
- Kasatkin, B. P. 2006, Organizationallyeconomic aspects of management in diversification of a shoe factory, Thesis, dissert. cand. econ. sci.: specialty 08.00.05 "Economics and management of the national economy". StPeterburg, 20 p. (in Russian).
- Mirko, N. V. 2010, "Estimation of the state and tendencies of develoment of the domestic market of products in the light industry", Efektivna ekonomika, no. 10, pp. 14–119 (in Ukrainian).
- Klimenko, T. V. 2010, Methodology of management of the competitiveness of products of Russian enterprises in the shoe industry, Thesis, dissert. dr. econom. sci.: speciality 08.00.05 "Economics and management of the national economy". Moskow, 40 p. (in Russian).
- Turkina, N. R. 1999, Development of methods for estimation of physicalandmechanical properties of shoe materials, Thesis, dissert. cand. tech sci.: specialty 05.19.01 "Material science (textile, leaherfur, shoe, clothingmaking industries)". St. Peterburg, 20 p.
- Dmitriyeva, T. A. 2000, Analysis, development and grounding technological systems in shoemaking on the base of existing and improving technologies and equipment, Thesis, dissert. cand. techn. sci: specialty 05.19.06 "Technology of shoe and fancymaking products". St.Peterburg, 16 p. (in Russian).
- Vishnes E. 2003, A combined analysis of modern glue compositions for the shoe industry, Thesis, dissert. cand. techn. sci.: specialty 05.19.06 "Technology of shoe and fancymaking products". Radom, 18 p.
- Ivanishena, T. V. 2008, Development of manufacturing techniques and use of hotmelt glues on the basis of waste polyethyleneterephthalate in the shoe manufacture, Thesis, dissert. cand. techn. sci.: specialty 05.18.18 "Technology of shoes, leather items and fur". Khmelnitskiy, 23 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Vysotskaya, А. V. 2011, Information provision of the automated planning of a technological process in assembling shoe by thread methods of fastening, Thesis, dissert. cand. techn. sci.: specialty 05.19.05 "Technology of leather, fur and fancy products". StPeterburg, 16 p.
- Prokhorov, V. T. 2012, Technology of shoe making, using melting glues with higher ecological quality, Shakhty: FGBOU VPO "YuRGUES", 169 p. (in Russian).
- Prokhorov, V. T., Ternavskaya, T. V., Vysotskaya, A. V. [et al.]. 2010, On advantages of innovative technological processes in production of leather wares with the use of nanotechnology, Monograph: GOUVPO "YuRGUES", Shakhty, 188 p. (in Russian).
- A Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 2011, "Some problems on the state control of products, transported through the custom boundary of Ukraine" of 5 October 2011 No 1031 [Electronic resources], Mode of access: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/10312011п. (in Ukrainian).
- Frank, Jonn, Cullen, Kim. 2006, "Preventing injury, illness and disability at work", Journal of Environmental Health, v. 62, no. 2, pp. 160–167. https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.992
- Ilinskaya, A. V. 2013, A system of the automated monitoring of the quality of the working zone air at enterprises of light industry, Thises, dissert. cand. techn. sci: specialty 05.13.06 "Automation and management of technological processes and productions". Moskow, 21 p. (in Russian).
- Varyvonchyk, D. V. 2013. "Assessment of production cancer danger in the processing branch of industry", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 2 (35), pp. 22–27 (in Ukrainian).
- Dobrovolsky, L. A., Belashova, I. G., Radvanskaya, E. L. 2007. "Occupational cancer: history, epidemiology, carcinogenes, registries (review of literature)", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, no. 1 (9), pp. 53–59 (in Russian).
- Siew, S. S., Kauppinene, T., Kyyronen, P. 2012, "Occupational exposure to wood dust and formaldehyde and risk of nasal, nasopharyngeal, and lung cancer among Finnish men", Cancer Manag Res, no. 4, pp. 223–232. https://doi.org/10.2147/CMAR.S30684
- Lan, Q., Zhang, L., Li, G. [et al.]. 2004, "Hematotoxicity in workers exposed to low levels of benzene", Science, v. 306, no. 5702, pp. 1774–1776. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1102443
- Forrest, M. S., Lan, Q., Hubbard, A. E. [et al.]. 2005, "Discovery of novel biomarkers by microarray analysis of peripheral blood on nuclear cell gene expression in benzeneexposed workers", Environ. Health Persp., v. 113, no. 6, pp. 801–807. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.7635
- Tunca, B. T., Egeli, U. 2006, "Cytogenetic findings in shoe workers exposed longterm to benzene", Environ Health Perspect, no. 104 (Suppl 6), рр. 1313–1317. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.961041313
- Shangina, O. V. 1996, Epidemiology of malignant tumors in workers of the shoe productions, having contacts with chloroprene, Thesis, dissert. cand. med. sci: specialty 14.00.14 "Oncology", Moskow, 20 p. (in Russian).
- Zaridze, D. H. 2005, "Epidemiology, mechanisms of carcinogenesis and prophylaxis of cancer", Problemy klinicheskoj meditsiny, no. 2, pp. 10–16 (in Russian).
- Kitsera, N. I. 2008, “Occupational activity of mothers of children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, residing in Lviv area”, Zdorov'e rebenka, no. 5 (14), pp. 102–107 (in Ukrainian).
- Heidi, R. R., Baker, B. A. 2007, "Workplace hazards to women’s reproductive health", Minnesota Medicine”, no. 23, pp. 33–39.
- Sallmеn, M., Neto, M., Mayan, O. 2008, "Reduced fertility among shoe manufacturing workers", Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, no. 65 (8), pp. 518–524. https://doi.org/10.1136/oem.2007.032839
- Khakimova, R. F., Amirov, N. Kh., Dautov, F. F. 2009, Allergic morbidity of children of workwomen at productions. Kazan : Slovo, pp. 309–323 (in Russian).
- Aliyeva, L. A. 2011, Research of way of life and health of workers of industrial enterprises, Thesis, dissert. cand. techn. sci.: speciality 14.02.03 "Social and public health". Moskow, 21 p. (in Russian).
- Mir Masih Moslemi Aghili, Hasan Asilian, Parinaz Poursafa. 2012, "Evaluation of musculoskeletal disorders in sewing machine operators of a shoe manufacturing factory in Iran", Journal Pak. Med. Assoc., v. 62, no. 3 (Suppl. 1), рр. 20–25.
- Rosecrance, J. C., Cook, Th. M. 2008, "Upper extremity musculoskeletal disorders: Occupational Association and a Model for Prevention", Central European Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, no. 4 (Suppl. 3), pp. 214–231.
- Lourinho, M. G., G. Rocha Negreiros, L. Brentini de Almeida [et al.]. 2011, "Musculoskeletal risks in different departments of a footwear manufacturing company", Journal Fisioterapia e Pesquisa [online], v. 18, no. 3, pp. 252–257. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1809-29502011000300009
- Szadkowska-Stańczyk, I., Woźniak, H., Stroszejn-Mrowca, G. 2003, "Skutki zdrowotne ekspozycji na czynniki szkodliwe pracowników produkcji i naprawy obuwia", Medycyna pracy, v. 54 (1), no. 67, pp. 67–71 (in Polish).