Zaitsev D. V.1, Kalnysh V. V.1, Pyshnov G. Yu.2
PECULIARITIES OF THE EFFECT OF VOLUMETRIC PNEUMOPRESSING ON THE FUNCTIONAL STATE OF THE BODY FOR COMBATANTS’ REHABILITATION
1SI "Kundiiev Institute of Occupational Health of the NAMS of Ukraine", Kyiv
2Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
Background. Volumetric pneumopressing (VP) can have a positive effect on the vascular bed and blood supply of the nervous system, thus improving the mental activity and nervous regulation. However, mechanisms of the reflex action of VP remain mostly unexplored.
Purpose. To define the possibility of using stabilometry for estimating the effect of VP on the nervous system activity.
Methods. The main group included 26 combatants, men aged 35±3,8. The control group included 20 healthy persons aged (27,0 ± 3,2). All participants received VP according to the similar scheme. Every time before and after the procedure, a stabilometric study was conducted in the Romberg posture.
Results. The same unidirectional effect due to VP procedure has been recorded in all participants. In all tests, the stability of the main position was maintained. The fluctuation frequency of the pressure center was within the norm (below 1 Hz) and after the VP procedure decreased insignificantly. In both groups, after the VP procedure with open eyes, the rate of movement of the pressure center remained unchanged, but decreased with closed eyes; the square of the statokinesigram in all cases increased. The visual balance-maintaining strategy was dominated (79 % cases before VP, 58–61 % cases after VP), however after the procedure the role of the visual control decreased whereas the proprio-receptor action was increased. In our opinion the main effect of VP in this case should be focused on the afferent pathways or on the central representation of the postural balance control system. Conclusion. The procedure of VP, according to the proposed method, results in the general relaxation, which can be seen in reducing the motor activity and the activity control. Also, stabilometry can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of VP in the rehabilitation process.
Key words: stabilometry, volumetric pressing, medical rehabilitation, anti-terroristic operations, combatants
- Enoka R. M. (1988), Neuromechanical basis of kinesiology, Human Kinetics Publishers.
- Fitzpatrick R. and McCloskey D. I. (1994), "Proprioceptive, visual and vestibular thresholds for the perception of sway during standing in humans", The Journal of Physiology, 478 (1), 173–186. https://doi.org/10.1113/jphysiol.1994.sp020240
- Fukuoka Y., Tanaka K. and Ishida A. (1999), "Characteristics of visual feedback in postural control during standing", IEEE Transactions on Rehabilitation Engineering, 7 (4), 427–434. https://doi.org/10.1109/86.808946
- Gagey P. M. and Weber B. (1995), Posturologie. Regulation et dereglements de la station debout, Masson, Paris, France.
- Pyykko I., Eklund S. and Ishizaki H. (1999), "Postural compensation after intratympanic gentamicin treatment of Meniere's disease", Journal of Vestibular Research, 9 (1), 19–26.
- Bezpalyi M. O., Virchenko V. V. and Bazhan K. V. (1999), Pnevmopressing – novyi metod sanogeneticheskogo lecheniya. Otsenka poluchennykh resultatov [Pneumopressing - a new method of sanogenetic therapy. Estimation of the received results], Piramida, Kremenchuk, Ukraine.
- Zaitsev D. V., Podgornyak L. N., Tarshynov I. V. and Chuprikov A. P. (2011), "Applying of pneumopressing method in child psychology", Matherials of ХІ Conference "Aktualni pytannia medychnoi reabilitatsii, kurortologii ta fizioterapii doroslykh i ditei, Yevpatoria, Ukraine", 102–103.
- Zaitsev D. V. (2016), "Influence of volumetric pneumopressing on night sleep: a pilot study", Dosaygnennia klinichnoi ta eksperymentalnoi medytsyny, 4, 160.
- Zaitsev D. V., Kalnysh V. V. and Pyshnov G. Yu. (2017), "Effectiveness of evaluation of applying a volumetric pneumopressing for ATO combatants in the rehabilitation period", Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, 51 (2), 46–54.
- Sukharev І. І., Guch А. О., Kuzmenko А. A. et al. (2001), "Application of the method of volumetric pneumopressing (pneumo-vacuum-compression) for tissues in the combined treatment of vascular diseases of lower limbs with the therapeutic complex "Bioregulator", Metodychni rekomendatsii, Ministry of Health, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Chuprikov A. P., Dzyub О. М., Mishiyev V. D. and Tarshynov I. V. (2009), "Applying pneumopressing in child psychneurology", Informatsiinyi lyst pro novovvedennia v systemi okhorony zdorov’ya, No. 1742009, Ministry of Health, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Kalnysh V. V., Pyshnov G. Yu., Ogryzkov A. I. et al. (2013), "Specific aspects of the emotional background influence on the fatigue development in operator’s work and its prophylaxis by the pneumopressing method", Problemy viiskovoyi okhorony zdorov’ya, Collection of papers, Ukrayinska viyskovo-medychna akademiya, 40, 109–123.
- Konshyna А. І., Zhaboiedov G. D., Skrypnyk R. L. et al. (2009), "Effectiveness of applying the method of programming pneumovacuumcompression for rehabilitation of patients with secondary macular distrophy after a retinal burn", Ukrainskiy naukovomedychnyi molodizhnyi zhurnal, 4, 45–48.
- Navakatikian А. О., Kryzhanovskaya V. V. and Kalnish V. V. 1987, Fiziologia i gigiyena umstvennogo truda [Physiology and hygiene of mental work], Zdorov’ya, Kiev, Ukraine.
- Rozhkov V. S., Afanasyeva Ya. S., Tarshynov I. V. and Chuprikov A.P. (2009), Sposob likuvannia astenichnogo syndromy u patsiyentiv urologichnogo profilyu [A process of treatment of asthenic syndrome in urological patients], Kyiv, Ukraine, Patent No. 45538.
- Skvortsov D. V. (2010), Stabilometricheskoye ussledovaniye [A stabilometrical study], Мaska, Moscow, Russia.
ORCID ID of co-authors and their contribution to the preparation and writing of the article:
Zaitsev D.V. (ORCID ID 0000-0002-0841-1504) - review of literature, collection of material, preparation of the article for publication;
Kannysh V.V. (ORCID ID 0000-0002-5033-6659) - scientific guidance, analysis of research results;
Pishnov G. G. (ORCID ID 0000-0002-0979-7656) - organization of research, analysis of results.