Dotsenko Ya. I., Sadlovska M. A., Bilogortseva O. I., Pobedyonna G. P.
POSSIBILITIES OF MODERN DIAGNOSTICS AND PROPHYLAXIS OF TUBERCULOSIS IN MEDICAL WORKERS OF ANTI-TUBERCULOSIS MEDICAL CENTERS
SE «National Institute of Pulmonology and Phthisiology named after F. G. Yanovsky of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
Introduction. Prevalence of tuberculosis (TB) among health workers and in particular of TB among health workers in Ukraine tends to decrease due to constant medical surveillance of workers. The improving TB diagnosis is an important task, because Mantoux test is not sensitive for diagnostics of latent tuberculosis infection. Individuals with latent tuberculosis infection are a reservoir for development of tuberculosis.
The aim was to compare the results of the Mantoux test and the test with tuberculosis recombinant allergen (ATR) in workers of anti-tuberculosis medical centers for timely diagnostics of latent tuberculosis infection.
Materials and methods. Using ATR and Mantoux test 25 medical workers were examined, among them – women – 84 %, men – 16 %, physicians – 52 %, senior and junior nurses – 48 % with the length of service from 0 to 38 years.
Results. Among the 25 examined the Mantoux test was positive in 84 % persons, with ATR test – 36 %, which is significantly limited the contingent for special diagnostics and preventive measures. TB was diagnosed in 1 employee of hyperergic test result of ATR test. The use of the specific ATR test in workers of the tuberculosis service (a group of high risk) allows to identify the most vulnerable contingents, which need an urgent examination, including a CT scan, according to indications. Test with ATR is recommended for the intermediate period between radiographic studies in order to improve diagnostics of TB in employees at risk.
Key words: tuberculosis, health professionals, ATP test, diagnostics, prevention
- Bilogortseva, O. I. 2012, «Modern state of TB diagnosis «News of medicine and pharmacy», no. 18 (431), p. 16 (in Ukrainian).
- Feschenko, Yu, I., Miller, V. M., Turchenko, L., Lirnyk, S. V. 2010, Tuberculosis: organization of diagnostics, treatment, prevention and control of mortality, Kyiv : Zdorov’ya, 447 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Pukhalskaya, N. S. 2010, «Modern aspects of tuberculinodiagnostics», Zaporizhia Medical Journal, v. 12, no. 3, pp. 157–161 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1080/19409419.2010.10756769
- Kiselev, V. I. 2009, «Clinical studies of new skin test Dyaskyntest for tuberculosis diagnostics», Problems of tuberculosis and lung diseases, no. 2, pp. 11–16 (in Russian).
- Feschenko, Yu. I. 2013, The use of recombinant tuberculosis allergen for diagnostics of tuberculosis infection in children. Medical textbook, Kyiv, 36 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Lebedeva, L. V., Gracheva, S. G. 2007, Sensitiveness of tuberkulin for Mycobacterium tuberculosis and infection in children, Problems of tuberculosis and lung diseases, no. 1, pp. 43–49 (in Russian).
- Aksionova, V. A. 2011, «New opportunities for screening and diagnostics of different manifestations of tuberculosis infection in children and adolescents in Russia», Problems of Modern Pediatrics, v. 10, no. 4, pp. 2–7 (in Russian).
- Khovanov, A. V., Nechayev, V. I., Barkov, V. A. 2007, Geoinformative technologies in phthisiology Problems of tuberculosis and lung diseases, no. 2, pp. 3–9 (in Russian).
- Tuberculosis in Ukraine. 2013. Analytical and statistical referencebook for 20012012: Ed. O.K. Tolstanov, Kyiv, 122 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Bilogortseva, O., Dotsenko, Ya., 2014, The assessment of the results of speсific intradermal tests in children with different manifestations of latent tuberculosis infection, Abstract book of the 1st International Academic Conference «Science and education in Australia, America and Eurasia: Fundamental and Applied Science». Australia, Melbourne, pp. 589–591.
- Tuberculosis surveillance and monitoring in Europe. 2014, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, 218 р.