Basanets А.V.1, Shydlovskaya Т.А.2, Gvozdetsky V.A.1
PROBLEM OF DIAGNOSTICS OF SENSORINEURAL DEAFNESS IN UKRAINE
1SI «Institute for Occupational Health of NAMS of Ukraine», Kiev
Full article (PDF), UKR
2SI «Institute of Otolaryngology named after Prof. Kolomijchenko of NAMS of Ukraine», Kiev
Introduction. Sensorineural deafness (SD) is one of the most spread diseases of ear, nose and throat (ENT). In spite of mul-tiple publications, regarding this problem, the problem of diagnostics of these diseases is still rather conflicting and not enough elucidated, covering also the problem of treatment. However, national and foreign researchers are convinced that it is very difficult to treat patients with SD diseases and that the effectiveness of the therapy is insufficient. Irrespective that the main¬tenance of the hearing function is needed in the modern society both for occupational activity and for realization of social and communicative relations, high per cent of disability disorders in such diseases is recorded (including occupational senso¬rineural deafness and deafness) in able to work age. So, the problem of search for new ways of earlier diagnostics, effective treatment and prevention of sensorineural deafness is of not only medical, but socio-economic significance.
Purpose. To analyze the prevalence of SD and to define diagnostic values of methods of earlier diagnostics and preventing its development.
Results. The analysis of morbidity of occupational SD was conducted among workers of main branches of industry of Ukraine. The problem of diagnostics of earlier stages of diseases is under discussion.
Key words: occupational sensorineural deafness, noise, diagnostics, prevention
- Kundiyev, Y. I,. Nahorna, A. M., Chemyuk, V. I. 2005, «Strategy of providing safe work conditions and promotion of the population health in Ukraine for 2006-2010», Ukr J Occup Health, no. 3-4, pp. 4-10 (in Ukrainian).
- Burshmanov, A. Y., Krestov, A. S. 2011, New aspects of preliminary and periodic medical examinations, Materials of the 10th Russian Congress «Profession and Health, Moscow, pp. 92-93 (in Russian).
- Denisov, E. I., Ilkayeva, E. N., Kuryerov, Y. Y. 2005, «Principles and criteria of the standard of occupational health on prevention of hearing loss», Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, no. 2, pp. 16 (in Russian).
- Worker's health: a draft of the Global plan of actions. 2006, WHO EU Document 120/28. pp. 1-9.
- Nahorna, A. M. 2004, General and occupational morbidity of the working population, Materials of XIV Congress of hygienists of Ukraine «Hygienic science and practice at the edge of centuries», Dnipropetrovsk, v. 2, pp. 29-32 (in Ukrainian).
- Basanets, A. V., Nahorna, A. M. 2008, Problems of occupational pathology in Ukraine and the role of preventive service in promotion of the working potential, Actual problems of occupational diseases in Ukraine (24-25 April 2008): Materials of sci.-pract. Conference, Dnipropetrovsa, pp. 4-6 (in Ukrainian).
- Kundieyy Y. I., Nahorna, A. M., 2005, «Occupational morboidity in Ukraine in the dynamics of a long-term survey», UkrJ Occup Health, no. 1, pp. 3-11 (in Ukrainian).
- Shydvovskaya, T. V., Kotov, A. I., Chernukhina, O. V. 1991, «Indices of impedometry at earlier period of occupational hearing loss», Zhurnal ushnykh, nosovykh i gorlovykh boleznej, no. 5, pp. 7-12 (in Russian).
- Shydlovska, T V., Zabolotnyi, D. I., Shydlovska, T. A. 2006, Sensorineural hearing loss, Kyiv: Logos, 752 p.
- Kundiyev, Y. I., Krasnyuk, E. R, Gvozdenko, L. A., Yershova, M. A. 1999, «State of occupational morbidity in Ukraine at the modern stage», Vrachebnoye delo, no. 5, pp. 146-149 (in Russian).
- Kundiyev, Y. I., Nahorna, A. M. 2006, Occupational health in Ukraine. An epidemiological analysis. Kyiv : Avicenna, 316 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Nahorna, A. M. 2006, Historical and modem aspects of medico-sanitary service of workers in Ukraine. Postulates, ideas of Prof. S.A. Tomilina and their implementation in XXI century» by the direction: the year 2006- history of medicine: Materials of the 3rd competition on the best work. Kyiv, pp. 88-93 (in Ukrainian).
- Krasnyuk, E. R 1995, State and development of occupational morbidity in Ukraine, Okhrana truda, no. 10, pp. 13-15 (in Russian).
- Robinson, D. W., Shipton, M. S. Tables for the essimation of noise-induced hearing loss // N RL Acoust. Rep. Second Ed., 1977. - R. 15.
- Kundiyev, Y I., Nahorna, A. M., 2006, Occupational health in Ukraine. Kyiv : Avicenna, pp. 125-141.
- Ostapkovich, V. E., Rankova, V. B. 1986, «Principles of differentiated dispanserization of industrial workers with occupational and nonoccupational diseases of ENT organs», Vestn. Otorinolaringologii, no. 2, pp. 3-8 ( in Russian).
- Robinson, D. W 1988, Brit. J. Audiol, v. 22, pp. 5-20.
- Rankova, V. B. 2008, «Occupational hearing loss in transport workers», Vestn. otolaringologii, no. 3, pp. 11-14 (in Russian).
- Ostapkovich, V. E., Suvorov, G. A., Shkarinov, L. N. [et al.]. 1981, «Methods of detection of the hearing loss in workers of «noisy» professions according to the state standard», Vestn otolaringologii, no. 4, pp. 12-16 (in Russian).
- Robinson, K., Rüge, R 1982, «Centrally generated auditory potentials. Evoked potentials in clinical testing», Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, London. New York. no. 3, pp. 345-372.
- Shydlovska, T. V., Shydlovska, T. A., Kosakovs- ky A. L. 2008, Diagnostics and treatment of sensorineural deafness, Kyiv, 430 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Yavorovsky, O. R, Vertelenko, M. V., Shydlovska, T V. [et al.]. 2008, «Hygienic assessment of noise at workplace and characteristics of initial disorders in the hearing analyzer in workers of «noisy» professions of aircraft machine building», Ukr J. Occup. Health, no. 3, pp. 63-69 (in Ukrainian).
- Rrasher, D., Mula, M., Luxon, L. 1993, Cortical evoked potential criteria in the objective assessment of auditory threshold: a comparison of noise induced hearing loss with Meniere's disease, J. Laryngol. Otol., v. 107, pp. 780-786.