Shvets A. V., Lukyanchuk I. А.
PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGICAL FEATURES OF RELIABILITY FORECASTING FOR STEERING SAILOR OCCUPATIONAL ACTIVITY USING THE REACTION ON THE MOVING OBJECT
Scientific Research Institute of Problems of Military Medicine of Ukrainian Military and Medical Academy, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
Introduction. The researches, directed at achievement of operators’ high level reliability, steering sailor, in particular, are actual in modern psychophysiology ergonomics and occupational medicine.
Purpose of the study. On the basis of studying regularities of functioning of the central nervous system under the influence of information loading of different degree of intensity to develop approaches to forecasting the reliability of camera activity of ship experts by characteristics of reaction to the moving object.
Materials and methods. The group of steering sailor (30 men 22—24 years of age) was investigated for performing the presented work. A special computer program for revealing characteristics of reaction on moving object (RMO) in various information load¬ings has been created. The indicators of RMO accuracy, depending on the reaction timeliness, movement direction of a marker and various level of information loading were chosen as the characteristic of reliability of an operator’s activity.
Results. The significant deterioration of indicators of inhibitory type of RMO accuracy among steering sailor has been revealed under the increase of information loading, which does not depend on the RMO direction. Two significantly different subgroups of individuals by the level of RMO accuracy, having different maintenance strategy to reliable performance of operator’s activity, caused by peculiarities of manifestation of the interhemispheric asymmetry and, also, quantitative and qualitative structure of inter¬relations of RMO accuracy indicators under different intensity of information loading. The presence of prevalence of inhibitory processes in the central nervous system can cause a significant do negative influence on reliability of the information processing. Conclusion. Two subgroups of respondents, different by excessive information loading more essentially by parameters of inhibitory type of RMO accuracy have been separated. There was revealed the existence of different mechanisms and strategies of high reliability maintenance of information processing, based on the steadiness or unsteadiness of interhemispheric asym¬metry patterns of nervous processes in the brain and different intensity of regulatory processes in the central nervous system in individuals with the best (60 %) and the worst (40 %) indicators of RMO accuracy, respectively. The developed decisive rules by indicators of RMO accuracy are sufficient for forecasting the high reliability of steering sailor occupational activity with 96,66 % accuracy.
Key words: reliability of occupational activity, reaction to the moving object, steering sailor
- Babak, V. P., Kharchenko, V. P., Maksimov, V. O. et al. 2004, Safety of aviation (Edited by V. P. Babak). Kyiv : Tekhnika, 584 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Gritsevsky M. A., Zaitseva, Zh. I. 1985, «Influence of task complexity on the activation level in management of physiological functions of an operator at work in an expectation mode», Human physiology, Vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 504-510 (in Russian).
- Ena, A. I. 2001, «Actual problems and organizational bases of psychophysiological provision of Ukrainian Armed Forces», Military medicine of Ukraine, no. 1, pp. 54-62 (in Ukrainian).
- Ena, A. I., Kalnysh, V. V., Kravchuk, V. V. 2004, «Features of professional burning out syndrome formation among persons, whose work is connected with danger», Actual problems of psychology: Digest of the G. S. Kos- tyuk Institute of Psychology of UAPS (ed. Maksimenko S. D), no. 3, pp. 87-95 (in Ukrainian).
- Ilyin, E. P. 2003, Human psychomotor organization. SPb: Piter, 384 p. (in Russian).
- Kalnysh, V. V., Shvets, A. V. 2008, «Improvement of methodology of detection of an operators' psychophysiological characteristics», Ukrainian J. Occup Health, Vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 49-54 (in Ukrainian).
- Koryagina, J. V., Malko, A. I., Bugayeva, N. A. Kolbasuk, I. I. 2003, «Characteristic of a man's time properties (physiological aspects)», Successes of modern natural sciences, no. 11, pp. 59-60 (in Russian).
- Kuznetsova, L. A., Guvakova, I. V. 2013, «Research of game biomanagement effect on psychophysiological indices of single combat sportsmen with disorders of the vegetative status», Bulletin of the Siberian medicine, Irkutsk ,Vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 211-218 (in Russian).
- Makarenko, N. V. 2006, The fundamentals of occupational selection of military specialists and a method of studying individual psychophysiological differences in humans. O. O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology of NAS of Ukraine, Research Center of humanitarian problems of UAF of Ukraine, Kyiv, 395 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Malinetsky, G. G. 2006, «Science about risk and life», Problems of safety in extreme situations», no. 3, pp. 59-72 ( in Russian).
- Moroz, M. P., Tikhonov, M. N. 1992, «Forecasting operators' working capacity by the method of multidimensional statistical analysis», Human physiology, no. 2, pp. 36-44 (in Russian).
- Mylnikova, I. V., Yefimova, N. V. 2013, «Psychophysiological features of draftees with various levels of sports loading intensity», Herald of Russian Military-medical Academy, no. 2, pp. 96-99 (in Russian).
- Pesoshin, A. V. 2007, «Information technologies in automatic estimation of the relation in activation and inhibition of the central nervous system», Controlling systems and information technologies, no. 4, pp. 275279 (in Russian).
- Repin, D. S., Degtaryev, N. V., Petukhov, I. V. 2011, «Microprocessor combined estimation of the time man's reaction on the moving object», Fundamental studies, no. 8, pp. 167-171 (in Russian).
- Surnina, O. E, Lebedeva, E. V. 2001, «Sexual and age differences in time reaction to the moving object in children and adults», Human physiology, Vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 56-60 (in Russian).
- Tsagarelly, Y. A. 2002, Theory and practice of a man's system diagnostics. Kazan : Tatglimat, 168 p. (in Russian).
- Tsukanov, B. I. 1984, Perception of time and psychological stability of an individual, Psychological stability in occupational work. Moscow-Odessa, pp. 180182 (in Russian).
- Tsukanov, B. I. 1985, «Analysis of an error in perception of duration», Questions of Psychology, no. 3, pp. 149-154 (in Russian).
- Shafran, L., Psyadlo, E. 2008, Theory and practice of occupational psychophysiological selection of seamen (Eds. L. Shafran, E. Psyadlo). Odessa : Phoenix, 292 p. (in Russian).
- Veltman, H., Wilson, G., Burov, O. 2004, Operator functional state assessment Cognitive load. NATO Science Series RTO-TR-HFM-104. Brussels, pp. 97-112.