Ukrainian journal of occupational health 1 2005
Peculiarities of lung function disorders in coal miners
Basanets A.V., Ostapenko T.A.
Institute for Occupational Health of AMS of Ukraine, Kiev
Full article (PDF), RUS
The data on studies of the functional capacity of workers of coal mining main professions have been analyzed. The indices of spirometry, plethismography, DLCO have been studied depending of the length of service in underground conditions.
The dependence of changes development in spirometry indices on the length of service in underground conditions has been established. The most expressed changes were recorded in indices of FEV1, FVC, RV, TLC in coal miners suffering from COPD.
Key words: occupational diseases, lung function changes, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Basanets A.V. (2004), “Diagnostics of pneumoconiosis”, Ukr. Pulmonol. Zhurnal, 3, 69-71.
- Belov A.A., Lakshina N.A. (2002), Otsenka funktisii vneshnego dykhania. Metodicheskiye podkhody i diagnosticheskoye znacheniye [Estimation of the external respiration. Methodical approaches and diagnostic significance], Moscow, Russia. 67 p.
- Kokosova A.N. (2002), Khronicheskiy bronkhit i obstruktivnaya bolezn legkhihk [Chronic bronchitis and obstructive lung disease], Lan’, Sankt-Peterburg, 167-172.
- Kosarev V.V., Mokina N.A. (2004), “In-depth study of biomechanics of respiration in diagnostics of chronic dust bronchitis”, Meditsina truda i prom. ekologia, 4, 13-17.
- Korzh E.V., Mukhin V.V. (2004), Patologia legkhikh i serdtsa u shakhterov (patogenez, klinika, diagnostika, lecheniye [Pathology of lungs and heart in miners (pathology, clinics, diagnostics, treatment], Kashtan, Donetsk, 163 p.
- “Standardization of lung functional tests: Report of the working group "Standardization of tests of pulmonary function." The official report of the European Respiratory Society. European steel and coal society”, Luxembourg, 1993”, Pulmonologia, Annex, 92.
- Hertzberg V.S., Rosenman K. D.. Reilly M.J. and Rice C.N. (2002), “Effect of occupational silica exposure on pulmonary function”, Chest, 122, (2), 721-738. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.122.2.721
- Lin L.C., Yang S.C. and Lu K.W. (2001), “Ventilatory defect in coal workers with simple pneumoconiosis: early detection functional abnormalities”, Kaohsiung J. Med. Sci., 17 (5), 245 - 252.