Varyvonchyk D.V.1, Remennyk О.I.2, Isypova V.M.1
RISKS OF MORBIDITY OF DEVELOPMENT OF TUMOR NEOPLASMS IN BRONCHI AND LUNGS IN PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC BRONCHITIS AND PNEUMOCONIOSIS
1SI «Institute for Occupational Health of AMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
2Oncological Dispensary of Kiev Region, Kyiv, Ukraine
Full article (PDF), UKR
A retrospective epidemiological analysis of the development of tumor neoplasms of bronchi and lungs (TNBL) for the period of 1988—2008. (5327 patients with pneumoconiosis (PC) and those with chronic bronchitis (CB) of occupational and other type of genesis). The comparison of cumulative standardized morbidity of the cohort TNBL was made with morbidity of the population of Ukraine (2008). It was established that the standardized rates of morbidity of TNBL among patients with CB and PC were significantly higher among men (87,05—115,77 per 100 999.) than among women 0,30—30,72 per100 000). The prevalence of TNBL among the examined patients with PC — 3,5 %; for occu [ational CB — 3,1 %, for CB of other genesis — 1,8 %. The relative risks (RR) of the morbidity of TNBL among men with PC — 2,99, with occupational CB — 2,20 (p < 0,05); among women with PC — 4,56 (p > 0,05), with occupational CB — 4,14 (p < 0,05). The odd ratio (OR) for TNBL is significantly higher among men-patients: for PC — 12,69; CB — 4,15 (p < 0,05). A strategy has been defined of the secondary prevention of TNBL in representatives of the studied cohort of occupational patients.
Key words: tumor neoplasms (cancer), bronchi and lungs, pneumoconiosis, chronic bronchitis, morbidity, risks
- Varyvonchyk D.V. (2008), “To the problem of etiology and prevention of bronchitis and lung cancer in workers exposed to silicon dioxide dust at production”, Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health, 2, 69-81.
- Varivonchik DV., Nahorna A.M. (2008), “Methodological support for the monitoring of the incidence of malignant neoplasms of workers exposed to carcinogenic agents”, Visnyk hihiyeny I epidemiolohii, 12 (20, 223-225.
- Kundiev Yu.I., Nahorna A.M., Varyvonchyk D.V. (2008), Profesiynyy rak: epidemiolohiya ta profilaktyka [Occupational cancer: epidemiology and prevention], Naukova dumka, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Rak v Ukrayini, 2007-2008: Zakhvoryuvanist, smertnist, pokaznyky diyalnosti onkolohichnoyi sluzhby / [Z. P. Fedorenko, A. V. Haysenko, L. O. Hulak, ta in.] / Hol. red.: I.B. Shchepotin // Byuleten natsionalnoho kantser-reyestru Ukrainy.- 2009.- № 10 - Na sayti: http://users.i.com.ua/~ucr..
- Rezolyutsiya 58-y sessii Vsemirnoy Assamblei zdravookhraneniya “Profilaktika raka i bor'ba s nim” (WHA58.22).- Zheneva: VOZ, 2005.- : http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_flles/WHA58.
- Cancer Incidence in Five Continents Vol. IX / Ed.: M. P. Curado, B. Edwards, H. R. Shin, H. Storm, J. Ferlay M. Heanue, P. Boyle.- MAflP, 2007 - 897 p.
- Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans and their Supplements.- WHO, IARC, 1972-2008.- Vol. 1-97.
- Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Lung, Pleura, Thymus and Heart / Ed.: D. Travis, E. Brambilla, H.K. Mdller-Hermelink, C. C. Harris.- WHO, 2004.- 344 p.