Nahorna A. M., Pyatnitsa-Gorpynchenko N. K., Kononova I. G., Sokolova M. P.
SUBSTANTIATION OF THE INFORMATION SUPPORT SYSTEM FOR COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES IN ACCOUNTING AND ANALYSIS OF OCCUPATIONAL PATHOLOGY
State Institution "Kundiiev Institute of Occupational Health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine", Kyiv
Full article (PDF), ENG
Introduction. Occupational diseases in Ukraine is an important medical, social and economic problem. In recent years there has been a steady decline in the level of occupational diseases, pointing, however, to the lack of detection. New socio-economic relations in the country, especially against the background of the health reform, and Ukraine's desire to implementation of modern European standards on medical care of the population, dictate the need to search for modern ways of obtaining the objective information on the state of occupational morbidity of workers.
Purpose of the study – scientific substantiation and creation of the information system on accounting and analysis of occupational pathology, using the developed methodology on the basis of the concept of the State Register of persons who have been established an occupational disease.
Materials and methods of the investigation. Generalization and analysis of scientific publications, normative legal acts, statistical paper and electronic forms of documents, related to accounting and registration of occupational diseases.
Results. The analysis of materials concerning the implementation of the state policy in the field of occupational hygiene on creation of the State Register of persons diagnosed with occupational disease (poisoning) has been analyzed.
Conclusions. 1. The quality of preparation of the statistical data on health indicators in workers needs to be improved. First of all, this is due to the lack of the sectoral electronic information resource in Ukraine – a modern system of accounting, registration and analysis of occupational diseases – State Register. 2. Within the framework of the Concept on creation of the State Register of Occupational Diseases, the structure and principles of the functioning of the State Register of Individuals who were diagnosed with occupational disease were grounded, and there were examined materials for developing the regulatory bases for the Register of occupational diseases and principles for building a task for the software of the Register as well as principles for building and the content of the technical task for the software of an automated workplace (AWP) of a doctoroccupational pathologist and a statistician.3. The formation of the State Register on the basis of innovative information and communication technologies is especially important in the period of reforming the health care system, which will allow obtaining objective data on health indicators of employees and adopt them on the bases of appropriate management decisions with due account of the need in legislative regulation, appropriate software and hardware for the Register and training specialists in the field of medical informatics. 4. Realization of this task is impossible without approval of the relevant legal documents. First of all, this concerns the Regulations on the establishment and operation of the State Register of Ukraine for persons who have diagnosed occupational diseases, the Procedure on recording and accounting incidences, acute and chronic occupational diseases and accidents at work, the Procedure on conducting medical examinations of selected categories of employees, Regulation on occupational service of Ukraine, etc.
Кey words: Register, occupational diseases, normative-legal provision, prevention
- Kundiiev Yu. I., Nahorna A. M. and Stepanenko A. V. (2003), "Conceptual basis on developing a modern information system for accounting and storage of the data on occupational diseases and traumas at work in Ukraine", Gigiyena truda, 34, 747–756.
- Nahorna A. M., Pyatnitsa-Gorpynchenko N. K., and Vitte P. N. (2015), "Information technologies in the system of accounting of occupational diseases (Review of literature)", Zhurnal NAMN Ukrainy, 2, 228–234.
- Kachmar V. O. (2010), "Medical informational systems – the state of development in Ukraine", Ukrainskyi zhurnal telemedytsyny ta medychnoyi telematyky, 8 (1), 12–17.
- Oleksiyenko M. M. (2012), "Problems and prospects of introduction of information technologies in medical practice", 12, 133–136.
- Gooch P. and Roudsari A. (2011), "Computerization of workflows, guidelines and care pathways: a review of implementation challenges for process-oriented health information systems", J Amer Med Infor Assoc, 6, 738–748. https://doi.org/10.1136/amiajnl-2010-000033
- Zhang X., Yu P., Yan J. and Spil I. T. A. "Using diffusion of innovation theory to understand the factors impacting patient acceptance and use of consumer e-health innovations: a case study in a primary care clinic", BMC Health Ser Res, URL, available at: https:bmcheakthservres. biomedcentral.com/articles/10.11.86/s12913-0150726-2 (Accessed 18.01.18).
- Ryazanov V., Kauppinen T. and Weidebaum T. (2003), "Use of international information system on occupational exposure to carcinogens- CAREX in Estonia", Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologia, 2, 17–22.
- Filipova N. P. (2014), "A Concept of informatization in the sphere of health care in Ukraine for 2013–2018 in the context of improvement", Bibliotekoznavstvo. Dokumen toznavstvo. Informologia, 3, 57–62.
- Kipenskyi A. V. (2014), Problems of informatization in the sphere of health care MicroCAD, Int. Sci. Conf., Section 25, Aktualni problemy rozvytku informatsiinogo suspilstva v Ukraini, Vestniyk NTU "KhAPI", URL, available at: http://www.kpi.kharkov.ua/archive/MicroCAD/ 2014/S25/PROBLEMY (Accessed January 18, 2018)
- Chaban O. and Boiko O. (2013), "A review of the world practice on implementation of medical informational systems and problems of development of the unique information space", Visnyk Natsionalnogo univer sytetu "Lvivska politekhnika", Kompyuterni nauky ta informatsiini tekhnologii, 771, 365–370.
- Health information systems, World Health Organization, (2008), URL: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/statistics/tooklet_hss/EN PDF_ Tooklit_HSS_ InformationSystems.pdf (accessed 18 January 2018).
- Panizza C., Bai E., Oddone e., Scaburri A., Massari S., Modonesi C., and Contiero P. (2012), "Lung cancer risk in the electroplating industry in Lombardy, Italy: Using the Italian Occupational Cancer Monitoring (OCCAM) Information System", Am J Indust Med., 55, 1–4. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajim.21004
- Ponomarenko V. M. and Maiyorov O. Yu. (1996), "A Concept of the state policy on informatization of health care in Ukraine", Ukrainskyi radiologichnyi zhurnal, 2 (4), 115–118.
- European Health Information Initiative (EHII), URL, available at: http:www.euro.who.int/en/dataandevidence/euroean-health-information-initiative-ehii (Accessed January 18, 2018).
- E-health. URL:http://www/euro.who.int/en/health-topics-systems/e-health/e-health-readmore, (Accessed 18 January 2018)
- E-health in Ukraine: https://www.ehealthukraine.org Accessed 18 January 2018).
- Slabkyi G. O. and Znamenska M. A. (2015), "Using information technologies in the health care communication system", Klin. Informat. i telemed., 11 (12), 12–18. https://doi.org/10.31071/kit2015.12.02
- Lishcishina O. M. and Horokh L. E. (2010), "Determination of the quality of medical care: problems of implementation of the best world practice in Ukraine", Ukraina, Zdorovya natsii, 2, 121–128.
- Kundiiev Yu. I. and Nahorna A. M. (2006), Occupational health in Ukraine. Epidemiological analysis, Avicenna, Kiev, Ukraine, 316 p.
- Yavorovskiy (2014), "Occupational diseases: comparative aspects of Ukrainian and Swedish systems of diagnostics, prevention and compensation of disability", Zhurmal NAMN Ukrainy, 20, 212–219.
- Kachmar V. O. (2010), "Medical information systems – state of development in Ukraine", Ukr. Zhurnal Telelemed. ta Med. Telematyky, 8 (1), 12–17.
- Ledoschuk B. O. and Ledoschuk M. D. (2013), "A concept for creation and development and of an information system in the National Scientific Centre of Radiation Medicine of NAMS of Ukraine over the period from 2012 to 2010", Klin. Inform. i telemed., 9 (Issue 10), 9–12.
- On approval of the Provision about the State Service of Ukraine concerning work problems: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 11.02.2015 No. 96. Date of renewal: 18.08.2017, URL: http;//search.ligazakon.ua/1_doc2,nsf/link 1/KP150096.html (Accessed: 18 January 2018).
- On organization of territorial bodies of the State Service on work problems, and on some acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine that have lost their action, Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 11.02.2015 No. 100, URL: http://search.ligazakon.ua/1_ doc2.nsf/link 1/KP150100.html (Accessed 18 January 2018).
ORCID ID of co-authors and their contribution to the preparation and writing of the article:
Nagornaya AM (ORCID ID 0000-0003-3311-7523) - the strategy of forming a register of persons who have established occupational diseases;
Pyatnitsa-Gorpynchenko N.K. (ORCID ID 0000-0003-4531-6669) - analytical review of literature;
Kononova I.G. - regulatory framework for occupational diseases and information systems; Sokolova MP (ORCID ID 0000-0001-9590-1407) - an analysis of professional pathology.