Kalnysh V. V.1 , Krasotin Ye. V.2 , Pyshnov G. YU.1
TO THE ANALYSIS OF PECULIARITIES ON PROVIDING WORKING CAPACITY IN MONOTONE OPERATOR'S ACTIVITY
1SI «Institute for Occupational Health of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
Full article (PDF), RUS
2Ukrainian Military-Medical Academy, Kyiv
Introduction. Investigations, directed at studying mechanisms of provision of high reliability of operators, especially in profes-sions of monotonous types of activity, are rather actual for occupational medicine at the modern stage of production develop¬ment.
Purpose. To reveal peculiarities of development of the monotone state at the its initial stage, based on studying the dynamic change regularities in the functional state of the CNS.
Materials and methods. A group of volunteers (22,0 ± 1,1, age, 43 persons) were included in the study. An information mono¬tone load of 60 min duration, using a special computer test and the so-called effect of Strup interference for defining psycho-physiological characteristics by indices of the functional mobility of nervous processes (FMNP) under the effect of visual signals were proposed for the subjects. The lability of the nervous processes was defined by indices of the critical frequency of light flickers of red (CFLF^) and green (CFLF(gl)) colors.
Results. After a univariate disperse analysis a significant effect of the time factor on the subject’s reaction was found, and the process itself in development of the monotone state was not linear. Two groups of subjects were chosen, depending on their relation to the proposed tasks - inclined and not inclined to monotony. In this, the level of nervous system activation in the latter was constantly increased, in spite of the effect of factors of the monotone work, accompanied by hypodynamia. It is supposed the presence of absolutely different mechanisms of speed regulation of the processes occurred in representatives of the studied groups. There is an assumption on the potentially higher reserve abilities of the body in persons not inclined to monotony, having higher level of labile manifestation of nervous processes after an hour load and functional motility of ner¬vous processes.
Conclusion. 1. An hour dynamics of the psychophysiological response to a monotone load differed by a phase-like character, and in this, the initial reactions of subjects, inclined to monotony, were nearer to 1,2 sec, whereas the same reactions in sub¬jects, not inclined to monotony, reached 1,7 sec. This is probably can be explained by different levels of activation and by other fundamental speed characteristics in subjects, belonging to different groups by the parameter of the inclination to monotony. 2. Using the developed test there have been distinguished persons, inclined and not inclined to monotone activity.
3. Persons, stable to monotony, are differed by level of development of their individual-typological qualities and are character-ized by more strong, mobile and labile nervous processes in comparison with those, inclined to monotony development.
Key words: operator’s activity, monotony, functional state
- Agafonov, A., Fedotova, A. 2005, «Studying a Strup- phenomenon when complicating a task of ignoring», Psychological studies. Collection of papers, Samara: Univers-group, pp. 28-35 (in Russian).
-  Aminov, N. A. 1977, «Individual differences in dynamics of the functional states in the monotone work», Problems of differential psychophysiology, Vol. 9, Moscow (in Russian).
- Aseyev V. G. 1975, «A problem of monotony in studies of foreign authors», Voprosy psikhologii, no. 1 (in Russian).
- Vinogradov, M. I. 1966, Physiology of work processes. Moscow : Meditsina, 368 p. (in Russian).
- Dormashev, Yu. B., Romanov, V. Ya., Shilko, R. S. 2003, «Interaction of attention and short-term memory: a new method of studying (Information I)», Psikhologicheskii zhurnal, Vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 72-79 (in Russian).
- Kalnysh, V. V., Levchenko, V. V. 2012, «Computer modeling of emotional states», Medical information and engineering, no. 3, pp. 34-39 (in Russian).
- Kalnysh, V. V., Shvets, A. V., Romanenko, Yu. P. 2009, «Peculiarities of the effect of neuro-emotional load of various intensity on the reliability of the military personnel activity», Ukrainian medical chronicle, no. 1 (69), pp. 88-92 (in Ukrainian).
- Kalnysh, V. V., Shvets, A. V. 2008, «Improvement of the methodology for definition of operator's psychophysiological characteristics», Ukrainian J. Occup. Health, no. 4 (16), pp. 49-54 (in Ukrainian).
- Koch, K. 2003, «A Strup effect, its psychometric properties and use as a means of assessment», Voprosy psikhologii, no. 6, pp. 36-143 (in Russian).
- Kochina, M. L., Firsov, A. G. 2010, «Information technology in assessment of temporal and frequency indices of the human body», Systems for information processing, Vol. 83, no. 2, p. 243 (in Russian).
- Kochina, M. L., Firsov, A. G. 2010, «Multi- functional device for psychophysiological studies», Applied radioelectronics, Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 260 (in Russian).
- MaKarenko, M. V, Lizogub, V. S. 2007, «Rapidity of human central information processing as an another property of central nervous processes», Fiziologichnyi zhurnal, Vol. 53, no. 4, p. 87 (in Ukrainian).
- MaKarenko, M. V. 2009, «Information processing rapidity as a criterion of possibilities of the functional nervous processes mobility», Visnyk Natsionalny Akademii oborony Ukrainy, Vol. 10, no. 2, p. 94 (in Ukrainian).
- Nebylistyn, V. D. 1964, «Reaction of the rhythm obsession as a function of intensity of flicker optic stimulus», Zhurnal vysshei nervnoj deyatelnosti, Vol. XIV, Issue 4 (in Russian).
- Kim, Su In, Bashkin, V. M., Pavlova, L. P. 1999, Patent of the Russian Federation. Method for assessment of the functional state of the human cerebral cortex, Donetsk Institute of labour hygiene and occupational diseases, RU2141244, SU1066533 A/6 A61 B3/06, 20.11.99, Bul. №32. ( in Russian)
- Rozhdestvenskaya, V. I., 1980, Individual differences in work capacity (psychophysiological study of work capacity in conditions of monotone activity). Moscow : Pedagogika, 151 p. (in Russian).
- Sopov, V. F. 2005, Psychic states in intensive occupational activity. Moscow : AKademicheskiy proekt (in Russian).
- Fetiskin, N. P. 1999, «Effect of motivation on the stability in one-type activity» / Ananiev's readings-99: Thesis of the Scientific Conference. Saint-Petersbourg, pp. 127-128 (in Russian).
- Lewicki. P., Hill. Th. 2006, Statistic Methods and Applications. A comprehensive reference for science, industry, and data mining, Tulsa OK. USA, StatSoft Inc, 832 p.
- Murata, A. 2005, «An attempt to evaluate mental work-load using wavelet transform of EEG», Human Factors, Vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 498-508.