USING AN EXPOSURE MODEL IN RISK ASSESSMENT FOR PREVENTION OF THE HAZARDOUS EFFECT OF PESTICIDES ON WORKERS
Institute for Occupational Health of AMS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
The possibility of practical use of the exposure model for hygienic assessment of working conditions in pesticide application is considered. The assessment of inhalation and dermal pesticide exposures on workers has been conducted. On the basis of the differentiated risk assessment preventive measures have been proposed for the decrease of pesticide exposure on workers, depending on the priority ways of entering the body.
Key words: pesticides, working conditions, assessment of hazards, combined effect, preventive measure
- Hihiyenichna klasyfikatsiya pestytsydiv za stupenem nebezpechnosti [Hygienic classification of pesticides by the level of hazard], State sanitary rules and norms 8.8.1.002-98, Кyiv, 1998, 4-8.
- Loranskiy D.N.. Gurevich G.P.. Krasil'shchikov M.I.. Tsapko V.G. (1975), Mery bezopasnosti pri rabotakh s pestitsidami i mineral'nymi udobreniyami [Security measures when working with pesticides and mineral fertilizers], Kolos, Moscow.
- Kundiev Yu.I., Kirsenko V.V., Karpenko V.М., etc. (2002), “The algorithm for determining the exposure dose in skin resorptive intake of pesticides during their application”, Gigiena truda, Kyiv,240-248.
- Metodicheskiye ukazaniya po gigiyenicheskoy otsenke novykh pestitsidov [Guidelines for the hygienic assessment of new pesticides], (1988), VNIIGINTOKS, Kyiv.
- 17.27. ССВТ. Odezhda spetsial'naya. Klassifikatsiya. GOST [Special clothing. Classification], 12.4.015-76.
- 17.44. ССТБ. Sredstva individual'noy zashchity. Rukavitsy spetsial'nyye. Tekhnicheskiye usloviya [Means of individual protection. Special mittensl. Technical conditions], GOST (Standard) 12.4.010-75.
- IPCS. Human Exposure Assessment//Environ mental Health Criteria 214,- 2000.- 375 p.
- Lundehn J., Krebs B. Uniform Principles for Safeguarding the Health of Applicators of plant Protection Products.- Berlin: Kommissionsverlag P.Parey. 1992.- 50 p.