Zinchenko T. I., Pelyo I. M., Omelchuk S. T., Vavrinevych O. P.
HYGIENIC ESTIMATION OF A POTENTIAL RISK TO PERSONS, INVOLVED IN PESTICIDE APPLICATION ON STRAWBERRIES, IN THE SYSTEM OF CHEMICAL PROTECTION FOR PRIVATE FARMS
Institute of Hygiene and Ecology Bogomolets National medical university, Kyiv
Full article (PDF), UKR
Introduction. When applying pesticides for chemical protection of strawberry in conditions of private farms, combined and complex impact of active ingredients (ai) of pesticides on operators can take place, which necessitates assessing a potential risk of possible harmful effect on workers.
Aim of the study – hygienic assessment of working conditions and estimation of the potential risk of pesticide harmful effect on people, involved in their application on strawberries, for chemical protection in private farms.
Materials and methods. Working conditions in application of pesticides Nuprid 600 TN, Aktellik 500 ES, Switch 62.5 WG, Horus 75 WG were studied. Field hygienic, gas-liquid, high performance liquid chromatography methods have been used in the study as well as a statistical analysis
Results. It was found that a complex potential risk for people, working in private farms during application of the studied pesticides, made (0,09 ± 0,03) of the conditioned units (cond. unit). The value of the combined risk under sequential pesticide applications in strawberry chemical protection system was 0,452 cond. units.
Conclusions. It was established that during strawberry treatments with pesticides Nuprid 600 TN, Aktellik 500 ES, Switch 62.5 WG, Horus 75 WG for chemical protection, when keeping to recommended agrotechnical and hygienic regulations, there was recorded no exceed of hygienic standards in the working zone air and infringement of hygienic requirements from the position of occupational health.
Key words: pesticides, chemical protection system, working conditions, complex and combined potential risk, private farms
- Kernasyuk, Yu. V., 2015, Economic prospects of berries farming, Agribusiness today, v. 10 (305), pp. 25–27 (in Ukrainian).
- Bosyi, O., 2009, Strawberries: prospects for production in Ukraine, Propozitsiya., v. 8, pp. 48–52 (in Ukrainian).
- Velikiy, V. I., Sergeyev, S. G., 1998, Methodological approaches to the establishment of the occupational risk value during pesticides application, Materials of Scientific and Practical Conference "Actual aspects of ecohygiene and toxicology", pp. 77–83 (in Russian).
- Kirsenko, V. V., Yastrub, T. O., Karpenko, V. N. et al. 2001, An exposure risk assessment model and its practical use in hygienic assessment of working conditions with pesticides, Gygiyena truda, v. 32, pp. 51–61 (in Ukrainian).
- Methodical guidelines on hygienic assessment of new pesticides, 1988, 4263-87: Approv. 13.03.87 by MZ SSSR., p. 212 (in Russian).
- General sanitary-hygienic requirements for the working zone air. State Standard 12.1.005-88, 1991, Approved on 01.01.89, p. 47 (in Russian).
- Yanovskyi, Yu. P., Lapa, O. M., inventors, 2002, A method for control soil pests when planting seedlings, Ukrainian Patent, no. 48271, v. 8, p. 2 (in Ukrainian).
- Methodical guidelines "Study, estimation and decrease of risk of inhalation and dermal effects of pesticides on workers or bystanders during and after their application on plants and other subjects", № 324, 2009, Approv. on 13.05.2009 by Ministry of health of Ukraine, p. 29 (in Ukrainian).