Czapka M.1,2, Jochymczyk A.3
LEGAL ASPECTS OF HEALTH PROTECTION FOR FARMERS IN THE PRODUCTION OF ALIMENTARY RAW MATERIALS IN POLAND. HARMFUL CHEMICAL FACTORS
1 Cardinal August Hlond University of Education, Myslowice
Full article (PDF), ENG
2 Opole University of Technology, Opole 3University of Economics and Administration, Bytom
In the process of performing their job, farmers are exposed to numerous factors that are harmful to the health. First of all, the harm caused by chemical and biological factors, and to a lesser extent, physical ones. The long-term injurious effects of chemical agents on farmers can lead to the development of occupational diseases. Therefore, the article focuses on the legal regulations concerning health protection for farmers against these factors and, more particularly, on the laws directly related to farm work.
Key words: occupational hygiene, occupational diseases in agriculture, harmful chemical agents, legislation concerning occupational health and safety
- The Act of June 26th, 1974. Labour Code / Journal of Laws.- 1998.- № 21, item. 94 with changes.
- The Act of December 20th, 1990 on farmers' social security / Journal of Laws.- 2008.- № 50, as amended, item 291.
- Choroby Zawodowe, red. K. Marek.- Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Lekarskie PZWL, 2001.
- Higiena Pracy Tom I, Instytut Medycyny Pracy im. prof. dra med.- Lodz: George Nofer, 1999.- 261 p.
- The Decree of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of January, 12th 1998 on health and safetywhen operating tractors, machinery, tools and technical equipment used in agriculture / Journal of Laws.- 1998.- № 12, item 51.
- The Decree of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of September 28th, 2001 on health and safety when handling livestock / Journal of Laws.- 2001.- № 118, item. 1268, as amended.
- The Decree of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of 24 June 2002 on health and safety while handling and storage of plant protection products and mineral and organic - mineral fertilizers / Journal of Laws.- 2002.- № 99, item 896, as amended.